1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 14, 2016 11:13 AM by thecentury303 RSS

Marriott Rewards 80,000 Bonus Points

macleodcalm Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We previously had the Marriott Rewards Visa where you only earned 3x the point (got this in 2012).   When I saw the promotion for the premiere Visa with 5x the points and no transaction fees I called to ask if we would be eligible if we signed up for this one.  I was told yes, so we got one.

Well now we have spent the $3,000 required to get the 80,000 bonus points but no bonus points.  My husband was told that we were not eligible for the bonus as we had the other card since 2012.   The promotion stated "

OFFER DETAILS:

80,000 BONUS POINTS: This product is not available to either current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months

This new card is a completely different card....different rewards structure.   So why wouldn't we be eligible for the 80,000  bonus points?  Why would the rep say we were eligible if we weren't?  We wouldn't have bothered with it otherwise.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards 80,000 Bonus Points
    thecentury303 Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

If you cancel your card that was opened in 2012, then you should be eligible for this bonus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...