1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 7, 2016 5:46 PM by fistuk RSS

Our First Scam Call

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently, we were sitting in our hotel room when the phone rang.  As my husband listened to the caller, he got a peculiar look on his face which turned into a smirk.  When he replied that he would be happy to come down to the front desk to straighten out the credit card problem, I knew the call had been a scam trying to get our credit card number.  When he called the front desk to report the incident, he was informed that the call had come in from outside the hotel.  I've heard about scams like this, but this was the first time we had experienced it.

Have you ever been scammed?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Our First Scam Call
    fistuk Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Nope... can't say I have.

I think it's obvious not to give your credit card number on the phone when you're staying in a hotel - always go to the front desk.

Maybe you could state in which hotel you were staying so we know where to watch out from this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...