2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2016 10:58 AM by phctourist RSS

Our daughter's wedding at Renaissance Hotel Washington DC Dupont Circle

2puravida Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Disclaimer: This is going to be my unashamed and unabashed praise of the Renaissance Hotel Washington DC Dupont Circle. I will get nothing in return for what I write, but someone who reads this may have the opportunity to experience an amazing staff at a great hotel in DC!

Our daughter and I knew this property was the place for her wedding from the moment we did our first walk-through in October. We worked closely with the staff at the property: Susan in Catering Sales, Sarah in Events, Cherie for block rooms, and other wonderful staff.

We booked 52 room nights last week, for the New Year's Eve evening wedding. My husband and I spent the whole week in house, to prepare what  was needed. We were updgraded, others were upgraded, and all were treated royally. Concierge was staffed with wonderful hosts and the food and ambiance were great. Although the rooms are smaller (downtown hotel) they are boutique-pleasant.

Our daughter wanted a Gatsby-theme ambiance so we had much decorating to do, to transform the rooms that we used for the wedding. The staff (thank you Susan and others) worked tirelessly along with all us to move furniture, move pictures, and decoration for her special occasion. It took many hours and the staff never left us as we worked! They offered beverages to those of us who were decorating and ran for this and that as we found another need. They helped us to keep laughing when we were wearing thin and they impressed many in our family by remembering their names and relationship to the bride. (My Mom, grandma to the bride was so happy to be referred to Allison's grandma). The wedding was unique, the venue transformed and worked out perfectly for the Gatsby vision. Our daughter chose food stations, as well as servers coming through with appetizers. The food was outstanding! People were so engaged in eating and socializing or moving about the rooms that few were taking pictures with their phones. When it came time to remove all of our "ambiance" the staff was once again right there. That was at 2am! After working so long together, I think they were adopted into our family.

With so many guests staying, some multiple nights, we kept the front desk, bellmen, and other staff members busy. Absolutely excellent care and service. We may have had 1-2 very minor issues that were handled so professionally. Each time resolved with beyond generous "gifts" of points or comps to those affected.

I am so thankful that after such a busy week and successful wedding, we were able to stay over for the weekend and unwind, reflecting on the event with family who also stayed on. I could have stayed for a few more days, just relaxing.

Thank you Susan, Sarah, Graham, and the entire staff at Renaissance Dupont Circle. You were amazing and we were thrilled with our daughter's wedding!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Washington DC, District Of Columbia, USA
  • Re: Our daughter's wedding at Renaissance Hotel Washington DC Dupont Circle
    HRFontaine Member

Well, it sounds great that every thing in the wedding was perfect. Wedding is one of the biggest day in one's life. Selecting your wedding venue requires lots of things to be consider like the type of services the location can provide, catering and many more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Our daughter's wedding at Renaissance Hotel Washington DC Dupont Circle
      phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

There are many great days in one's life and a wedding day is certainly among them, but there are others:  The days my children were born were  probably equal (or better).  The days my children were married are up there, too.

A wedding is a great day, but all the things that a marriage leads to, are equally or even more great, especially when they turn out well!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...