2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2016 12:16 PM by nhtraveler RSS

marriott insider request- status challenge based on nights for a 2 month stay?

jenniparks Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I'm currently top tier with Fairmont and mid tier with Hilton. My job has me on assignment in Cambridge at NHTSA for the next 2 months and while i've been staying at the Fairmont in Back Bay I'm thinking of shifting my business to the Marriott since it's directly across the street from NHTSA at VOLPE center. However I haven't stayed at a Marriott in about 6 years due to a poor customer experience. I'm thinking it's time to give them another shot to earn my business travel but I don't want to start with no benefits when I have full benefits at Fairmont and Hilton. I've seen info on challenges but it seems you get NO benefits until you pass the challenge and worse the challenge is based on stays not nights so if i stay for 2 months (60 days!) but it's one stay then i'm just screwed?

Can a Marriott rep speak to this? I need to book my reservations asap for this lengthy stay and want to get this sorted out before I do so I know whether to stick with Hilton and Fairmont (meh, T ride each way daily) or to switch business and business $$$ to Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Boston Marriott Cambridge
  • Re: marriott insider request- status challenge based on nights for a 2 month stay?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders, jenniparks!  As you may have seen already, this is a great place to discuss all things travel related.  From sharing your recommendations and experiences to learning the ins and outs of the Rewards program, we cover it all! I'm carat and along with lindseyh and deannad, we moderate the community.  If you ever have any questions, like above, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, I'd like to provide some clarity.  It is true, you will need to complete the challenge to enjoy to benefits of the next level and the challenges are based on stays and not nights. However, I'd like to reach out to our team on your behalf.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: marriott insider request- status challenge based on nights for a 2 month stay?
    nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi jenniparks - I've stayed at the Cambridge Marriott and I think you would be very happy there. They were very obliging and thanked me for being a Platinum member.

Now to your request for information re: Marriott matching other chain's rewards level. I know that carat will do a great job of trying to ferret out some information for you. I for one hope that you will receive some satisfaction in this regard. Just the other day, a URL was posted on Insiders that provided a quick and easy way for Marriott Rewards members to obtain Hilton rewards status that matched their Marriott status. With the prospect of a 60 day stay, where's the loss to Marriott for extending you the benefits?

I do realize and understand the position that some of my fellow Platinum's might have - namely that the upper levels should be earned in the way that we have, however, my belief is that fair is fair. If we can obtain Hilton Diamond simply because we are Marriott Platinum, it should work the other way as well. I wish you all success in your effort to be granted the Rewards level you seek. Please keep us updated as to what happens.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...