1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 28, 2009 5:29 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Envy Steakhouse and Lounge at the Renaissance - Vegas

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We were in Vegas the first weekend in December to celebrate my birthday.    Having stayed at the Renaissance, I knew Envy was supposed to be great, so we tried it.   I definitely wasn't disappointed. 

First things first.    I'm a hard core Marriott person.   Knowing we would be dining at Envy, I went out to their website and purchased what they call a "Dinner for Two" gift certificate.   You pay $109 and get a 3 course meal, with non-alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity.   Actuallly the certificate we used was for a 4 course meal, but they don't seem to be offering that anymore.    Either way, it's a great deal in a place like this.   Here's the link if you are interested --- they work in most of the high end restaurants at Marriott / Renaissance properties:
https://gifts.marriott.com/giftCertificate.aspx?type=dinnerForTwo

We'd made a reservation for 6 PM and arrived about 20 minutes early as we had a show at 8.    We were seated promptly.    The decor is an interesting blend of traditional steakhouse -- reds, dark woods, etc, and modern -- asian inspired lamps, glass and open spaces.     It was moderately busy, but not bustling. 

The servers recommended a great bottle of Malbec (which is a favorite of ours) and surprisingly, their recommentation was about $40.   Sometimes when you ask for a suggestion you feel like they are steering you toward something more expensive, but that was definitely not the case.   When our waitress didn't have the answer, she brought over one of the managers who was more well versed in the wine.   He not only helped us, but stopped back by to ensure we were happy with the suggestion.

We tried lots of things.   Since they are a la carte restaurant, we used our 4 course certificate a little differently.   We shared a crab cake appetizer and a spinach/goat cheese/pancetta salad to get us going.    The crab cake was wonderful and the salad, a nice blend of flavors.    I ordered the bone in filet (on it's own a $49 steak) and my boyfriend had the T-Bone (also a $40+ item)    Based on the entrees alone, we got our value out of the gift certificate.     We were both sure these were in the best steaks we'd had anywhere.    Instead of getting the second appetizer and salad, we ordered 2 sides to go with our steaks.   The Truffle fries are to die for, and the mushrooms were a nice complement.   

We also ordered dessert.   Since they were out of the Pineapple upsidedown cake I wanted, we did the cheesecake and the chocolate dessert (although I can't remember what it was, it was wonderful) with coffee.     The only part we paid for separately was the wine.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience.    Service started out a little slow, but when we reminded them of our show tickets, they picked up the pace.    I'd go back in a heartbeat.    Being able to go someplace of this caliber in Vegas without the 1-2 hour waits you often see on the strip is a great plus!   I might have to make this a birthday tradition!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Envy Steakhouse and Lounge at the Renaissance - Vegas
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

KimKDallas,

What a great review!

This really sounds like the place for us to go on our next trip to Vegas.

This is so refreshing to read about a great experience in dining.

Keep us informed as to other experiences you have.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...