4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2016 8:59 AM by peymanagement RSS

Black MOLD at Chambersburg, Pa. Fairfield Inn

fedupplt Platinum 33 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at this property 6 times, each time has been progressively worse than the previous stay. I recently stayed there  (convenient location for where I need to be) for the LAST time.

The staff at this hotel are all extremely friendly and polite, BUT, BLACK MOLD!!??

Getting ready in a.m. to leave, open curtain and notice mold on the window sill, not just a small line of mold but a CHUNK of growth in the corner! This had to be at least 1/2 inch thick.

Told front desk employee, she politely states, "if no one tells us we won't know".

WHAAT?? Isn't it house keeping's job to wipe and clean?

This wasn't fresh but looks like it could have been growing for months.

Who oversees or supervises the cleaning?

Bet Bill Marriott would love to see this room.

Another issue, asked where ice machines were and was told they only had one, on the first floor. Of course that machine wasn't working.... maybe the mold had creeped into the motor?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Black MOLD at Chambersburg, Pa. Fairfield Inn
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh no fedupplt! Please send me a private message with your Rewards number, Reservation/Confirmation number for this stay, your contact information, and any pictures or additional details (room number) you may have so I can have the Customer Care team discuss this with the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fedupplt Platinum 33 Reviews

Not sure how to send private reply

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Just click on deannad name in her message and her profile will open up. Then just look at "actions" under her picture. You will find one for 'Send Direct Message." That's it!

peymanagement Platinum

When were you there? the place seemed fine to me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...