0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 12:34 PM by kimkdallas RSS

Renaissance Stanford Court - San Francisco

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hands down - my favorite Marriott affiliated property in SF is the Stanford Court.  

I travel extensively on business and spent a good portion of October / November in San  Francisco.   After trying several other properties, I happened upon this one and fell in love.   This will be my first choice going forward when I need to be in San Francisco.

Check In
The checkin experience was smooth and efficient.   I had no issues.   When we discovered that my Marriott number had not been included in the reservation, it was added and I was given an upgraded room.

Room
Regular rooms are a little on the small side, however, are definitely adequate.   The corner rooms they use for upgrades are great!   Although hallways are a little worn, the rooms are newly redone and have a modern flair.   Beds are comfy and bathrooms spotless.  

Concierge Lounge
While I was staying this fall, they opened their new concierge lounge.   It's an excellent amenity.    Breakfast options are the standard eggs, fruit, bread, pasties, hot / cold cereal, etc, but the service and staff make it so much fun!    Views from the lounge are great, especially at sunset.   Happy hour appetizers are very nice.   There were 1-2 hot items, veges, cheeses, cold cuts, etc.    I really enjoyed this lounge, and I've gotten to where they don't generally impress me much.

Location / Transport
From it's location on Nob Hill, it's a quick cab or trolley ride down into the financial district.   The hotel also has a complimentary car service they'll let you use if it's available.   Beware of rooms on the lower floors on the California side of the building -- you'll hear quite a bit of trolley noise at all hours.

Atmosphere / Character
What I like most, is the feeling.   The property is small enough that people know you.   They remember you and are very friendly.   This very much feels like a little boutique hotel with the Marriott / Renaissance amenities.  

I'd definitiely stay again!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...