4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2016 12:35 PM by ndn RSS

Orlando hotels with elite benefits

vickyg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Dear All,

just trying to select a hotel for a 3 night stay in Orlando.....I'm Looking at the Autograph hotels The Castle and the Bohemian, the Jw Marriott, the ritz Carlton, the Marriott world center and the Renaissance Sea World - do any of these offer the included breakfast (either in a lounge or the coupons at the restaurant) for gold members? I'm a little confused these days as to who offers what.....

ANy thoughts or help on any listed would be great....or mabye I've missed the best Marriott branded hotel in Orlando?

Location in Orlando isn't really the biggest influencer as we are happy to drive and are going to an event at the Amway arena one night and the others will likely visit a theme park but haven't picked which one yet....

thanks for any and all input!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida,
  • Re: Orlando hotels with elite benefits
    doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

on past experience ive stayed at the castle got breakfast vouchers for a muffin and a coffee no room upgrade and charged 15 bucks a night for parking .jw free parking no breakfast but did get an upgrade to pool facing room the best hotel for lounge and upgrades I've had so far has been the airport Marriott well worth a look

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The 7 day per week free breakfast is a mandated benefit and must be made available at all Marriotts with only about a dozen exemptions worldwide which do not have to provide weekend breakfasts.

Sounds pretty comprehensive, eh? Well, not quite because all properties designated as resorts are completely exempt from providing the benefit entirely. How do you know what's a resort? Well mostly it has resort in its name, but alas that's not comprehensive, so also look out for any hotels that charge a resort fee, because they're resorts too! And even then in a resorty type area like Orlando you could still end up with a "Gotcha, ultra loyal member, here's a big bill for breakfast, that caught you out loyal customer, HA!"

I'm not sure Gotcha-ing loyal customers is a great idea, but Marriotts posting record profits so I guess it's Champagne all round in the boardroom, and another dollop of gotchas for loyal customers. When considering resort type properties I always take into account the cost of breakfasts and that has so far meant Marriott resorts have always lost out.

peymanagement Platinum

As Brightlybob says most of the full service hotels in Orlando are considered resorts. There is therefore no CL and free breakfast. They charge an additional resort fee (25 US$/Day) which includes many of the benefits that you already get as a gold/plat. You also get nicked with a parking fee. Having said that, I have had good luck at the Marriott World getting a CAA rate that includes breakfast and parking at a reasonable rate and in four stays have always been upgraded each time. Notwithstanding the resort fee this negates the free breakfast and parking pretty much makes up for the lounge.

One other thing to consider about Orlando when deciding your location if you have to be down town. Orlando  has grown significantly and I find traffic a problem especially on I-4.

Lately in Orlando I have been staying at the Residence Inns. A reasonable breakfast is included, no resort fees, free parking and sometime free beer at night.

ndn Platinum

I had two rooms booked recently there at the JW Orlando. They waived one room's resort fees and gave me free self-parking for being a Platinum member. My rooms were upgraded also.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...