1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 4, 2016 9:07 AM by carat RSS

$20,000 Mistake/CC Nightmare!

meemosmom Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am 59 years old and have been a loyal, exclusive Marriott customer for several decades (Silver Elite).  This past Tuesday (12/30) I stayed overnight at the Philadelphia Airport FFI with my daughters, was hassled about and refused the AAA rate even though I presented my card.  I then woke up New Years Day to find that the FFI overnight bookkeeper had erroneously charged my Chase Sapphire Preferred card $20,000!  This effectively shut down my card ($10K over the limit which has never happened to me before) and neither I nor my two daughters have able to use it since.  The Philadelphia FFI must first transmit the reversal to Chase and then it must be processed which can take another 24 hours or so. The only person at FFI who does this is the same person who made the mistake.  Apparently, she did not work New Year's Day (nor the next?). eShe emailed today saying she is sending in the reversal which takes 24 hours to hit.  This will be 3+ days of not having the use of my card, not to mention the literal hours on the phone between Marriott and Chase trying to straighten this out.  This has snow-balled into a time-consuming, credit card nightmare.  I have no idea how a $20K mistake would not be caught right away.  I own a small business myself (mini-storage) and cannot believe that a guest's financial account is handled so cavalierly.  I would like to bring this to the attention of someone at corporate customer care in Bethesda, MD.  Can anyone help me find a contact name and address?  Thank you so much. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
  • Re: $20,000 Mistake/CC Nightmare!
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Good Morning, meemosmom.  Apologies for this frustrating experience!  I'd like to bring this to the appropriate teams attention.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number as well as the dates of the stay mentioned above? 

I also see that you are new to the forum, welcome to the Insiders community! This is a great place to discuss all things travel related.  From sharing your experiences and recommendations to learning about the Rewards program, we cover it all.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.  I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just  in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...