2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2011 8:39 PM by twodown RSS

Charlotte Marriott City Center

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I've stayed at this property repeatedly on business over the last 10 years. Since August of this year, I've probably stayed 10 times. It's consistent -- but a few ups and downs. Front desk is great. They are friendly and quick. They offer express checkin for Platinum members in peak hours. Rooms are a little small, but functional. Recently redone, with new beds and large flat screen TVs. The Ipod docs in the clock radio are a plus to me --- i don't have to travel with my own any more! Generally, housekeeping does a good job -- attention to detail could be a little better, but no big things. Room service is very hit or miss. Have had a number of issues with delivery time and temperature of food. You're probably better off finding something elsewhere --- even if it's downstairs at Champions -- who does a good burger. Concierge Lounge is what sets this place apart. Staff is wonderful. They remember their guests, are incredibly friendly and always looking for ways to help. Quality / selection of food has gone down a little over the years, but service is still top notch. This is usually my first choice in Charlotte (but I'm very much a Marriott person).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
  • Re: Charlotte Marriott City Center
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Charlotte Marriott City Center enjoys a great downtown location, but my personal favorite is Charlotte Renaissance Suites.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Charlotte Marriott City Center
    twodown Platinum

Completely agree with the service in the concierge lounge.  Beth (mornings) and Gary (evenings) are outstanding hosts.

The service in Cutters and Savannah Red is also excellent.  Champions is quite ordinary.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...