23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2017 9:03 AM by aginzo RSS

Platinum Premier gift - date?

mr.rao Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I don't remember what week I got my Platinum premier gift last year. Does anyone know the date? I got a nice Bluetooth speaker last time and used it a lot, so just excited for this year's gift. Hope it is something better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier gift - date?
    Platinum

Second time on this site I've heard about the PP gift. I've been PP for quite a while and never received one. Dang!  carat or NathalieF any chance for a bit of help here? I don't even know if this is official, random, or what?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vishaldewan Platinum 1 Reviews

Same here ... been a platinum from long time .. me neither got a gift .. either this post is hoax and if not then .. need clarity that why this has not happened to all the platinum elites

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

vishaldewan - if I could help clarify: my understanding is that the gift is only for Platinum Premier members which is a status that exists above and beyond Platinum. There are not published number of nights or stays needed to reach Platinum Premier, rather what I have understand from posts over the years is that it is awarded to the top x% of Marriott Rewards members. So for example, as a Platinum member last year I would not expect a gift and in fact did not receive one. Some of the members of the community who are Platinum Premier may be able to provide a better explanation.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi vishaldewan.  I'd like to take a deeper look for you as well.  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started. 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi dansplan.  How frustrating!  I'd like to take a look into this for you.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance!

aginzo Platinum

Hi Carat,

Would I be able to do a direct message with you about this same issue?

Thanks!

cmeyer Platinum

Same question here...

I achieved Platinum Premier status for the first time this year, and I'm also wondering if/when I would receive a PP card now (or if I just have to go with my mobile card).

Cheers,

Christian

azwicker Platinum

I am also PP and have not received the gift or any notification other than it being stated in my account profile. Also enjoyed the bluetooth speaker from last year, but am now confused hearing that other PPs didn't receive gifts. Is this random?

zer0null Platinum

I believe the gift just arrived.  They sent a small booklet with the platinum premier benefits and a TILE.  A little fob that can be attached to your keychain and then find it using the phone app.  You can also find your phone using the TILE.  Not sure what the price of the bluetooth speaker was but these TILEs can be purchased online for $25.

Platinum

Got the same a few days ago. Also included was physical card with PP status indicated

observerman Platinum

I used to get one every year around this time or perhaps earlier. This year nothing so far!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

mr.rao

Have received Platinum Premier gift every year during last week in February, early March.  Have been Premier  now for a number of years.

Platinum 28 Reviews

mr.rao

The gesture of sending Premier members a gift is in itself a positive!  Know that Premier status (as to benefitis) isn't that special if already a platinum.

I can't give an opinion if this year's gift is better than the "speaker" from last year - it would simply be comparing "apples and oranges".  It certainly is still a unique item and surprised that two years in a row some there was considerable thought on what to give.

dalekana Platinum 2 Reviews

I have never received a gift for being a PPE. Maybe its a newbie thing?

cyrill Platinum

Counting gifts lets you keep track of how many years do you keep the PP status:-) So, no, it is not a new thing. Gifts I still have and use:

- Marriott toiletries travel bag

- Battery to recharge a USB device, like a phone

- Speaker

boomer Platinum

I got my Tile about a month ago.  It is still sitting on my desk at work as I haven't taken the time yet to see how it works.  It seems cool though!  It's funny as it is next to my Bluetooth speaker from last year that I have also barely took the time to figure out!  Both are much appreciated!

dave4525 Platinum

I Am premier platinum elite also no gift received

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi Dave,

Please send me your Rewards number and reservation number. I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks!

cmeyer Platinum

I'm Platinum Premier for the first time this year (yay!!!), but I have not received the gift yet.

Would that be a mistake, or is the gift generally not shipped to places outside the US/Canada?

Thanks & Regards

Christian

Hi Christian.

Please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and I will happily look into this for you.

There is also a dedicated phone line (866-576-5696) and a dedicated email address (platinumpremierservices@marriott.com) where Platinum Premier members can receive assistance with the following:

• Booking hotel reservations
      • Booking rewards redemption stays
      • Coordinating partner rewards member may choose
      • Assist with any inquiries regarding their Loyalty Rewards account
      • Booking hotel reservations
      • Booking rewards redemption stays
      • Coordinating partner rewards member may choose
      • Assist with any inquiries regarding your Loyalty Rewards account

Thanks!

columbussig Platinum

So has anyone determined in writing the difference between Elite and Premier in night stays?  I have been Platinum for 7 years, now Lifetime Platinum.   The only gift I get from Marriott is bonus points for stays just like every other member. 

Interesting.....

Hi there,

Platinum Premier goes to the top 3% of Platinum members, so there are no specific requirements we can give.

Hope this helps!

cmeyer Platinum

Hi AndrewT,

Thanks! I just sent you a private message.

Best Regards

Christian

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...