4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2016 12:43 PM by marjontx RSS

50 Year Wedding Anniversary Surprise

marjontx Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My family was gathering in San Angelo for the wedding of my nephew the first weekend in January. We were pleased to be able to get great room rates for the wedding party at the newly built Residence Inn off Southwest Parkway in San Angelo. The staff there was super Texas Friendly and greeted us like we were part of their family.  The most outstanding experience came from the Assistant General Manager, Jessi F.  Two days before the wedding date was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.  They were staying at the hotel but some of us were unable to be there that early to help them celebrate.  I spoke to Jessi about setting up a surprise romance package for my parents.  She was happy to help and worked with me to create a romantic scene including candles, rose petals strewn on the floor leading to a chilled bottle of bubbly, gourmet chocolates, and a vase of beautiful red roses. She took care of everything and even took photos of the complete set-up and emailed them to me so I could see what my parents would experience when they returned to their room that night.  My parents were so surprised and thrilled! The whole set-up was beyond what I had anticipated and on top of all that, Jessi would not allow me to pay for that romance package -- it was on the house!! WOW! Jessi made sure that this daughter could play a part in her parents' big wedding celebration and for that I am so grateful. Jessi, your heart is as big as Texas!

• Re: 50 Year Wedding Anniversary Surprise
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

so special . Glad you let us all know

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, marjontx, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, marjontx,Thank you again for helping to acknowledge this associate and their outstanding service! As a result of your nomination, this associate has been selected to receive the Marriott Spirit to Serve award. Associates are honored to hear that they exemplify the values instilled by JW Marriott, and it means more knowing the recognition came from you, our valued guest.

marjontx Silver

That is wonderful news! Jessi certainly deserves the recognition and award.  Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...