60 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2016 8:41 PM by misterchk RSS

Spring 2016 MegaBonus

craig2006 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe I just couldn't find it but has anyone heard when/if there is going to be a Spring 2016 MegaBonus?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spring 2016 MegaBonus
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question, craig2006.  We haven't heard any news on this yet, but would like to reach out to our greater team for clarity.  I'll let you know what I'm able to find out. 

Welcome to the Insiders Community!  As you may have seen already, this is a great place to talk about all things travel related!  From sharing your recommendations and experiences to learning more about the Rewards program, we cover it all!  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with lindseyh and deannad.  If you ever have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

craig2006 Platinum

Thanks.  Last year the MegaBonus came out in December for the February - April time frame.  Thought by now something would be out.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

would be very surprised if there wasn't one. As you said usually feb to end of april

gatorlitigator Platinum

Of course, they could just skip it like they did in Summer 2015.  I have a few friends that left for other chains during that debacle.  I stuck it out, telling everyone it was just a one-off and Marriott wouldn't do that to us again.  C'mon Marriott, don't prove me wrong.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi again craig2006.  I've heard back from our greater team and they have let me know that nothing has been announced yet.  We'll just have to keep our eyes peeled.  No worries though, I'll circle back as soon as I hear anything. 

Platinum 28 Reviews

carat

I am VERY concerned.  You mention "greater team" - are  you telling us we are not being watched over by the "greatest team" ?  Have we been complaining all the time to a "not great team" or there is a "greater team" out there?

Is it possible that we must trash a few Marriott rooms, or steal a dozen towels to qualify for an upgrade to the "great guys"?

All everyone does here is complain about upgrades - I'm wondering if my fellow members know there is a "greater team" to be upgraded to.

I'm sorry but I going to tattle on you and tell the principal!!!!!!!!!!!

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

OK Stupid Question Alert!!!!! 

I registered for 1 of the 2 MegaBonus offers that were in my account.  It still states that the other MegaBonus offer is eligible for registration..... I assume that this is if I change my mind and NOT that I can register for both...... Although it would be nice to be able to register for both and then take the one that gives me the best benefit!!!!!  I went with the coin-flip even though the coin never turned over... oh wait, that was the NFL Referee that did that.....

Platinum 28 Reviews

Why not register for both?

gatorlitigator Platinum

You should register for both.  They run simultaneously.  You won't take the one that gives you the best benefit, you will take both benefits.  I registered for both on the 19th and then today I got the following email from Marriott:

Thank You for Registering for Megabonus!

*********, you're on your way to earn a free night and up to 30,000 bonus points at the same time.  All stays count between February 1 and May 15.

Plus, unlock an extra bonus points offer after achieving your wins.  Stay more, earn more!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Actually you can (and should) register for both. One requires 2 separate stays, the other requires a certain number of nights. Here's the best part, your first couple stays count toward both.

I've got two stays in early Feb (one for 1 night, the other for 2 nights). That will earn me the free certificate and put me 3 nights toward achieving the second part of the promotion.

Oh and I found out that if you complete the 2nd promotion, you'll be offered a 3rd one which awards 1000 per night up to 5000 points. I'll get the first one, but I'll be lucky to complete the second one. There's no way I'll get to the third one.

Thanks bejacob, gator, and Mr. Misterchk....(hmmmmm....Mr. Mister....)

I registered for both and it accepted it.....I guess I'm not as dumb as I look... 

jt15550 Platinum

craig2006 Platinum

Thanks.  Just saw it.  Glad to hear they are having it.  The spring is my busy travel season

how do I register for spring mega bonus program?

Platinum 28 Reviews

You register by telephoning the bonus desk at Motel 5.9

Normally an email is sent to you and it shows up on your account.

chris.s Gold

I'm ready to register but nothing showing up so far this morning.

browncrew Gold 14 Reviews

Any idea what it might be? 5 days get one free? Upgraded rooms? Free car wash?

craig2006 Platinum

We won't find out what it is until January 19th.

Any Guess? From past history someone has to have an idea.

In the past offers were customized based on past travel patterns. Some offered double points on every stay after the 2nd one. Others required 12, 15, or 20 nights to earn points, with additional points for each night after reaching that threshold.

Whether there will be multiple offers like in the past or just one seems to be a point of speculation. Marriott is keeping this one under wraps. In less than a week, we'll all know.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

For cryin' out loud -- bring back the cert after the 2nd paid stay! Bottom-feeders need love, too.

I know, I know: don't hold my breath.

I still feel partly responsible for that.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

You shouldn't -- unless you secretly have a spot at the corporate bean counters' table. You don't, do you? landfill gulls.jpg

Hey, Boss! What do we do with the MegaBonus cert after the 2nd paid stay?

Just put it over there next to the BOGOs!

Platinum 28 Reviews

I have no problem with Cat 5 certs - I can use them many places.

yes they seem to base it on your prior history as being a lifetime plat I always get the offer I can no longer achieve so I usually can the rewards line and get them to put me into something I can archive. It will be nice if they give options

Platinum

Look like registration will open 1/19 for stays between Feb 1 and May 15. I'd expect the usual with points topping out between 45 and 55K. See here for a teaser:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2016/01/07/preview-marriott-rewards-spring-2016-megabonus-february-1-may-15-2016/

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IT does look like Marriotts jazzing up the old megabonus with a more target driven multiple offer, akin to IHG.

For those unfamiliar with IHGs offers if translated to Marriott they'd look something like:

1. Stay once in February for 2,000 points

2. Stay 5 nights for 4,000 points (this changes on stay pattern - high stayers might be 25 for 25,000)

3. Stay 1 weekend (Fri&Sat or Sat&Sun) for 3,000 points

4. Stay 3 brands for 3,000 points (this varies on stay pattern & location - eg UK has only 4 brands)

5. Redeem your points, any number for 1,000 points

6. Spend $200 on F&B for 2,000 points

Complete 5 of 6 for a bonus 5,000 points (this would be higher for bigger stayers - say 18,000 points)

Now these all stack, so taking the low stayer offer, it would be possible to do all 6 in only 5 nights at relatively cheap brands and collect 20,000 points. Our higher stayers in the USA with more brands and a bigger "stay X brands" reward could max out at 60,000 points. One of the early IHG combo promo was insanely generous and I netted out 100,000 promo points staying 8 nights over 3 months - Aaaah, happy days

gatorlitigator Platinum

brightlybob,

I agree that it is likely that we will have a few different categories of ways to earn in addition to possible tiers within each category.

Since the preview splash that they posted says it will be a "Win-Win-Win," I am expecting that there will be only three categories rather than the 6 that you mentioned from the prior IHG prmotion.

Since the moderator previously mentioned that reward stays will not count toward the promotion, I think that knocks out #5 above.  I also think that Marriot is unlikely to have a category that involves Food and Beverage as they have never (to my knowledge) done that before on a full rollout basis (targeted if at all) and it would prove difficult to track as so many folks charge meals on a credit card instead of to the room.  Customer Service doesn't want to be answering all those calls trying to add $28 to someone's F&B tally based on receipt # xxxx.

My prediciton is that there will be three categories:

1. Paid Nights. Something like:

- x points for 5 nights

- an additional y points at 10 nights

- an additional z points at 15 nights

- etc.

2. Brand Variety:

- x points if you stay at 5 different brands, maybe more if you stay at 8.

3. The final category is a bit more difficult for me to figure out.  I am assuming it will be one of the following:

- paid nights that cover weekends

- paid nights in each of the four months that the promotion covers (Feb-May)

- Stays of at least 4-5 nights

I doubt that we will be seeing a category based on number of stays.  This always led to MRI hopping from hotel to hotel and back again within the same city during a weeklong stay to increase the number of "stays."  Marriott can't like encouraging this because it leads to problems for the hotels themselves (increased numbers of move-out cleanings for housekeeping; increased numbers of CC transactions; increased time for front desk clearks checking insiders in-out everyday; etc.).

Finally, I think we will see a bonus if you trigger points in each of the three categories above.

Just my prediction.

dyeliad Platinum 1 Reviews

Excited to see if predictions come true!

Platinum 28 Reviews

Don't get too excited or you will be setting yourself up for a big disappointment!

Platinum 28 Reviews

dyeliad  Would like to welcome the new contributor from my favorite Texas city - please accept this statement as a compliment - "those of us from Los Angeles that have been fortunate to visit your city have been greeted with a feeling of "kinship" and often refer to Austin as the "Los Angeles of Texas"  (with apologies to IAHFLYR)

Other than that I have been labeled dangerous so don't get too close

Los Angeles of Texas??  My wife is from DFW and I'm sure she would not like a reference to any city/town in Texas being "kin" to Los Angeles!!!!! 

Platinum 28 Reviews

It wasn't meant to offend - I consider it a compliment - knowing that many Texans wouldn't agree.

I do know many who live in Austin and when they visit Los Angeles they agree - Dallas is just as different from Houston as it is to Los Angeles (in my opinion)

Platinum 28 Reviews

@ne_traveling_man

Where do you live sir?

The "fair" state of Rhode Island....

And I was joking about my comment regarding Texas and LA (kind of ).....

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Not to offend you or her either NE, but quite a few think that city to my north is similar to LA (not Lower Alabama either).

Now if Ft. Worth then it's okay!!! LOL

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR and others

Hey, read what I said - Only those residents that are from Los Angeles can render "their" opinion that the city "they are most comfortable with" in Texas  is Austin.  Consequently we have a "kinship" with Austin.

Others can offer their opinion.although it would be an opinion coming from individuals that aren't residents of Los Angeles'  Therefore they are not valid opinions when saying Angelenos are mistaken.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And my comment is more directed toward something different as observations from non-residents of their locale....similar!   And of course joking as well (kind of) since I am glad I live where I live.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Don't give me excuses sir.  You are only worried that I will insist on the duel!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I would certainly benefit from this type of promo!  Guess we'll just have to wait until the 19th to see what's in store for us.

I second that!

thecentury303 Platinum

Hopefully it will be better this time.

we will know soon but wonder if with all the hype we will be disappointed

Platinum 28 Reviews

jerryl   Disappointment is the norm!

DannyGoh Platinum 1 Reviews

Hmm....maybe Marriott may come up with kinkier MegaBonus in future....e.g. for Plats, half a mil points up for grabs if member can achieve all 6 objectives, otherwise no points and DEDUCT 50 Elite Nites!!

Then, perhaps, participation can be on an opt out basis....

Platinum 28 Reviews

Have read from one of the loyalty info sites that MR has not posted any info yet on Member's site.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Just noticed that my Mega Bonus is:  Weekends 30% off in Seoul Korea - Wow, anyone free this weekend to go with me?

jt15550 Platinum

Can't.  I'm going ice skating in Montreal.

Platinum 28 Reviews

jt15550  If you can't join me would you be so kind as to go to Strouds and ship me some chicken?

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

misterchk did someone say Stroud's? Will you be shipping some in for the Houston MRI meet-up?

Platinum 28 Reviews

Sounds like a wonderful idea. 

Unfortunately it would be an insult to the members that are residents.

I would though, due to the reward of experiencing a meal at Strouds, suggest a meeting there in the near future for those that appreciate some of the best fried chicken in the country.

Anyone from KC that would like to help us work on this?

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I'm recuperating from chemo, otherwise Korea sounds great.  (Is that North or South?)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Hey we would get 30% off!

great city Misterchk. Iteawon a great place to shop for all kind of stuff

chivalryx Silver

Curious if this is different for everyone?  I got:

It’s a win-win-win:

• Register by April 15, 2016
    • Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016
    • Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays
    • Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account
    • Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide
    • Remember to book direct onMarriott.com.

Platinum 28 Reviews

You are Silver

I am Plat Prem

We both received the same bonus program

columbussig Platinum

As of now, 1/21 still no new promotions for me.   Shows that I achieved the last megabonus but nothing on the newest promotion.   Technology is awesome! or is it!

Platinum 28 Reviews

I would assume that you will be receiving an email advising that you have been kicked out of MR.

Have you ever agreed with any of my opinions?  If you have that is the first step in getting on the MR Police radar.

Oh ****, now you tell me!!!!! 

The word I used was not dirty; not sure why the used stars.... I guess you are right, I AM on the MR Police radar!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...