5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2016 12:31 PM by stelzer001 RSS

Fab Four - Earn Eligible nights for redemption stays - NOT!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So the Fab Four, so heavily promoted by Marriott, another miss. Per the announcement, stating 11/1/15, even for reward stays, nights are to be added to your eligible nights stay for the year.

I used points for a stay from 12/22/15-1/1/16. It was actually cash and points. I have the points, plus applicable bonuses posted to my account by 1/2/16. I am a Life Plat. So, even though I don't need the nights, I think a promise made should be kept. My eligible nights total is the same now as it was before the stay, yet the points have already posted.

I don't understand how this can be and why its not automatic. Another Marriott IT glitch (mock shock & disbelief overwhelms me that it could be an IT issue)

Anyone out there have any ideas, aside from calling and reporting this?

Happy New Year to all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Fab Four - Earn Eligible nights for redemption stays - NOT!
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I can't find the original promise, but I don't think it was scheduled to start, yet!  Can anyone refresh my memory?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

stelzer001 & phctourist,

I think this started November 1st.  At any rate, I redeemed points for one stay since then.  Credit for that night appears on my "Nights Detail" under "Redeemed".  It posted about 3 days after my stay.  Any word on yours yet?

peymanagement Platinum

Why don't you just call CS or put in a missing points complaint. It is only a few days and it is holiday time, maybe they just overlooked it, It happens!

OK, so we go from absurd to the even more absurd. I called Marriott CS today. I am told, the nights posted in 2016, because your stay was in 2016. My stay started 12/22/2015 and I checked out on Jan 1, 2016 (which was technically for the night of 12/31/2015). I pointed out that today is January 5, 2016 so it is not possible for me to have stayed 10 nights in 2016!!!!!!! All CS could do was laugh and tell me I am correct and they will escalate. I am gob smacked by the incompetence and how little Marriott understands about it own systems and promises it made. Just wait for the *wood merger, then the real fun starts.

So, no resolution, all I can hope for is a call back. If not, I got to defy physics and the time-space continuum by having a 10 night stay on the 5th calendar day of the new year.

Thanks all, per the announcement, the program for Fab 4 started 11/1/15, so my redemption stay of 12/22 was certainly after that. I will give it a few more days, then I guess (with a big sigh of resignation, that I need to call way too often to get things posted, like paid night stays) I will call in again and ask why the # of nights has not been credited. The Marriott IT dept must work OT to see that things don't post right, hoping that we will all go away and not report things in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...