2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2010 11:52 AM by traverriotter RSS

Rewards Points For Residence Inn

frisco06 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It is a shame that Marriott Rewars only awards 5 points for every 1$ spent at Residence Inn properties and 200 points as the Platinum check in amenity.

Many Residence Inns that I have stayed in are as nice as or nicer than some of the full-service Marriotts. For someone who travels as often as I do (I will finish 2009 with 216 nights) it is a nice change to be able to do somehting as simple as pop a bag of popcorn and grab a cold soda from the fridge in your own room.

However, I minmimize my use of these properties simply because of the lower points awards.

While I realize that it is probably due to the fact that Residence Inns are intended for longer stays, I still feel that the same points should be awarded as a Courtyard or Marriott. There's generally no significant difference in the nightly rates....

I would definitely stay with Residence Inn more often if Marriott would offer the same points...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Points For Residence Inn
    revaman Platinum

I agree with your comment.  I can see where if your stay was beyond 7 calendar days the half point would kick in.  However, if you stayed 4 days, essentially within one week, and if you were at a high level, you should receive the full points.  Where I roam, I usually can find a Courtyard or a Spring Hill close by where I can earn the full points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Points For Residence Inn
    traverriotter Gold

Strongly seconded.  As I have posted on this site before - I strongly avoid Residence Inn for exactly this reason.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...