7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2016 9:15 PM by beaug RSS

How about JW marriott Phuket?

nicky2335 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have a plan to Phuket, Thailand And interest stay in JW marriott.

How about the resort, room, service and other.

Thank you for your sharing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phuket, Thailand
  • Re: How about JW marriott Phuket?
    scoutowner Gold

That Marriott is WONDERFUL!  If you go during the Chinese New Year the entire island becomes one big watergun fight! It is SO much fun it is like being a kid again!  I have never had so much fun in my life.  The resort is beautiful and the people there are wonderful!  Also you can get a massage on the beach there.  It is a gorgeous hotel.  It is in a remote area of the island...it REALLY is incredible!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

homoviator Platinum

What about distances to other towns.  It seems a bit isolated?

dave4525 Platinum

HI we go there every two years there is a local shopping centre which is a little expensive and the main town of Patong is around one hour away. As is said its a lovely peaceful resort . Have you thought about Marriott Khao Lak quite close by but my favourite in the area especially the pool access rooms.

lauriet Platinum 2 Reviews

GGoing to Phuket in November. How does the JW Marriott compare to the Renaissance Phuket?

jonsummers Gold

Are there local restaurants that are recommended?

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have stayed at the Renaissance Phuket which is right down the road.  It was fabulous.  There is a shuttle between the two properties so that you can enjoy both resorts.

beaug Platinum

Hi all

I've stayed at both the JW and Renaissance Phuket- both have shuttles from the airport, and both are great properties. I would go the JW over the Renaissance, things are a bit more refined, however both are great. If you're from the US; they're both unlike any JW or Renaissance resort you would likely have experienced in the US.

Could I suggest though, check out JW Marriott Khao Lak, resort and spa? Again, there's a shuttle from the airport (Phuket)- it is a bit further away than the Phuket properties, but certainly worth it- part of it was washed away in a tsunami a few years back and they have rebuilt everything since. Managed to sit back and have a drink with the GM on my last visit there, and was fortunate enough to learn a little more about the history of the area, and how it is different to Phuket.

Phuket is fun, its great, however for something a LITTLE less-touristy, check out the JW in Kao Lak.

BeauG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...