6 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2016 9:40 AM by taxman193 RSS

Marriott Buffalo Harborcenter crediting correct points

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and I love the hotel. I have previously written good reviews. However, every time I stay here I have an issue with obtaining the correct amount of points. The last time my points were never credited until I contacted Corporate Marriott and only then, were my points credited.

I just stayed there for one night, December 18th - December 19th. The rate I had (government) was $112 plus I had some food charges of $30. I was credited for my stay but the points credited were only 300 points plus 150 elite bonus points.

I really don't understand how this hotel can keep making mistakes like this. The points for the room rate alone should of been $112 x 10 points per dollar = 1,120 plus 50% elite bonus of 560 for a total of 1,680 plus points for the food purchase. This should not be that difficult and I have never had a situation before where the Marriott hotel did not credit me for the correct amount of points once they credited me the points. I have no idea how they even arrived at 300 points? I realize this is a new hotel but do they not have their system coded correctly to credit 10 points for every dollar? I just don't understand how this hotel can keep making mistakes with points. This is a full service Marriott hotel so how do they not have the correct points coded in their system?

Anyone else ever had repeated issues with a hotel crediting the wrong amount of points? Is this an issue with their system? Should I just use the Marriott.com contact e-mail to have them straighten it out?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Buffalo Harborcenter crediting correct points
    reviuq Platinum

Happens to me occasionally but only with UK hotels and never after a stay in a US property as far as I can recall.

As with taxman193, the issue is often the base points not reflecting the net spend (problems with the £:$ conversion rate perhaps ?) but I've also had missing platinum gift points and no points in lieu of a CL (& all 3 on one occasion !).

A contact e-mail to Marriott CS has always sorted things out reasonably promptly but I certainly check my statement after every stay now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

This hotel is a great hotel but continues to have issues with crediting points. I just had a recent stay there again and once again, my points were not credited to my account and I will have to e-mail Marriott Customer Service to ask that I receive my Marriott reward points. I don't understand what it is about this hotel that can't seem to click the button or whatever it is they need to do in order to make sure rewards points are credited. I wish I could find an e-mail account that would go directly to someone at this hotel to let them know there is a real problem with crediting customers for their Marriott points.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Another serial offender is the LHR Renaissance which has managed to point short 3 of my last 4 stays. They must be saving a fortune in points, but when I asked Marriott to sort it out it was suggested I should call the Hotel myself! Yes, like I've got that kind of influence!! Of my last 6 Marriott stays 3 were point-shorted, one was American (Stanton SoBe)

My view is that Marriott should institute a points guarantee, if they are more than 1,000 points out then triple the error will be credited to the members account by the hotel. I'd expect the institution of such a policy would stop this repeated "mistake" overnight.

So frustrating .. still no point credit. I really wish someone would contact this hotel to find out why this is a consistent problem with this hotel. Whoever is in charge is not doing something correctly. Not that it is that many points or that I need them right now, it's just the point. As time passes I will forget about this stay. I have two weeks of trips coming up and I won't remember that I was never credited for the points from this stay. I don't understand why 99.9% of the time I stay at a Marriott the points are immediately credited at the same time I receive my copy of the receipt by e-mail (within a day or two) but with this hotel I always end up having to e-mail Marriott rewards.I also know that when they do finally credit me the points, I am sure they will forget about the 500 Platinum points and that will require another e-mail to Marriott rewards and waiting. Just ..... frustrating.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...