15 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2016 5:56 PM by jagertraveler RSS

Westchester Marriott

mandylp33 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

used to be a avid Marriott fan and in my frequent traveling for work - would always try to choose Marriott & their chains for my stay. After a very concerning stay at a courtyard in Baltmore (waterfront area) and retiring to my newly checked in room after a very long day and night I climbed into bed - sadly to find that I had climbed into dirty bloody sheets! I was horrified - as it wasn't my blood or fluids on the sheets. They moved me to another room - which was the only other room they had available (every place around was sold out for a firemans convention in town) and they apologized offering me free breakfast. I complained and was totally freaked out about staying in a hotel again for a long time after this...imagine bloody dirty sheets with fluid and climbing into that on your bare skin! No one ever called or did anything for me in anyway even after I left and listed a complaint...not that I can even imagine how many points equal the Fear of diseases I may have contracted or just the sheer grossness of this experience!

After this and taking a break from Marriot after I had one positive experience in Napa with Marriott and wrote of my gratitude to that location ...with renewed hope I thought I had my Marriott disasters behind me, that is until = Westchester Marriot this past Nov. I had no choice as my new company made us all stay here and upon arriving I was concerned heading to my room - with some garbage in the halls and arriving at my door seeing the bolted part not lining up with the place it was originally and entering the room - it reeked of some very terrible nasty smell and the lock didn't work on the door and the room was filthy! I took photos of this and also called the front desk. The manager came up and gave excuses like I was being picky...I swore I saw bed bugs and asked him if they had an issue - he said no and moved me to another room ---now it didn't smell as bad but smelled like they just sprayed in the room and it was cleaner but still not really clean - II didn't have time to argue I was going to be late as it was meeting my new company and everyone so I left the room upon returning that night I found bugs in the bathroom - I was able to grab a photo of one and I told the front desk...they acted like I was crazy and no one cared. I left feeling itchy and gross. Upon returning home my head was itchy and I felt like I'd been bitten and ended up at the ER and having to have my place sprayed by bug professionals ----I went through the worst nightmare and to top this all off I called as I didn't thinkk I should pay the $600 for the couple nights of torture - mind you not even asking for anything else...I was emailed theyd think about my request and get back to me? After terrible time dealing with bugs and everything  brought home from this hotel and all my personal expenses from this...ER visits aren't cheap nor are prescriptions from them! II got a call from corporate stating they were sorry they checked my room by professional they were told by hotel -mind you the second room was checked and stated no bugs found..they never checked the first room...but didn't care said that's all they could do and said okay listen no refund and nothing else we can do about your bugs or problem but we will give you 25,000 points to make you happy. I said that didn't make me happy and I was really disappointed that they didn't rWally care or want to do anything else for Me. I'm very disappointed and I DID find 4 other listings of BED BUGS REPORTED for this WESTCHESTER location!!!! Sad and disappointed with Marriott...what happeneD? They used to be high class and care about their clients.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Westchester Marriott, Courtyard Baltimore
  • Re: Westchester Marriott
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

So sorry to hear of your experiences mandylp33!

Please send me a private message with your Rewards number, contact information, dates of stay and/or reservation numbers for your stays at both the Westchester Marriott and Courtyard Baltimore, and we will have our team look into this and reach out directly to you.

Also, I'd like to welcome you to the Insiders Community. As you  may have seen already, this is a great place to discuss all things travel from sharing your experiences (like you have) to recommendations, we cover it all.  I am one of the moderators here along with carat and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we are here to help! I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide if you'd like to take a look:

Getting Started Guide

Thanks again for joining Insiders and sharing your experience, we hope our team is able to rectify the situation for you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

good to know this. I will follow the reviews over the next year as I had planned to stay there next summer to attend a Yankee game

Platinum 28 Reviews

mandylp33

Talk about timing!!!   Do I owe you  a large present!!

Here's the situation:  My daughter attends Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, NY  (Bronxville, if you are not familiar with, is a suburb of a suburb - Bronxville is just North of Yonkers which just North of Manhattan.

When visiting the school we usually stay in Manhattan (Marriott East Side as it's a short walk to Grand Central Station).  Bronxville is a 30 minute ride on the Metro North Train - Okay - Firstly The Westchester Marriott is the closest full service Marriott to the school - secondly we were just planning to attend a meeting at the school at the end of January and my wife said "let's not go into Manhattan and stay locally near the school (I didn't like that scenario) - So now, when I bring her to date there will be no question that I am going to get this disagreement in the "win" column. The bed bugs alone will scare the You Know What out of her - and she will be "wide Open" to my idea of staying in Manhattan.

My thanks

mmca723 Platinum 4 Reviews

Just FYI, I stay in Baltimore a fair amount (usually for business), and the Marriott Camden Yards is always excellent. The Marriott Inner Harbor was fun for a long leisure weekend--easy to walk to Harbor East and the historic Fells Point neighborhood. Other places I've stayed in downtown Baltimore that were fine were the Renaissance, the Residence Inn, and the SpringHill Suites.

I haven't stayed in Westchester, but there may be better Marriott properties in the immediate area, a little farther north, in Rockland County (across the TZ Bridge), or in New Jersey (across the GW Bridge). 

bigmrm Platinum

I stayed at the Westchester Marriott a couple of years ago and decided it would be the last time. They had a very non-caring attitude.

For what its worth i have stsyed often at stamford marroitt . It is close to stamford metro into nyc and its a nice hotel

For what its worth i have stayed often at stamford marroitt . It is close to stamford metro into nyc and its a nice hotel

ninabrackeen Platinum 23 Reviews

Ive stayed in the Westchester Marriott in August 2015 and never again. I realized on the cab ride to the airport that I'd left my computer cord and my global entry card in my room on the desk and called immediately---I had just checked out, mind you-- and was told they found nothing---and I even left the maid a nice tip. That reflected the generally lazy attitude of the hotel. The C lounge is just trashed by the guests. No one cares there and the hotel is old and icky. I saw a reference from the Sara Lawrence Dad to the Marriott East Side in the city...GREAT hotel and miles of difference from the Westchester Marriott. Worth the train ride. I'm never staying in the Westchester Marriott again. I stayed at the East Side Marriott 2 weeks ago with my son and it was a fabulous experience, as are most Marriotts.

Platinum 28 Reviews

ninabrackeen

As the Sarah Lawrence dad, the East Side Marriott is the best choice if one is visiting NYC and Westchester County.

With the Metro North Railway only a few blocks away at Grand Central Station, the local eateries and the European atmosphere of the hotel you can't go wrong.

If we could only get them to keep the CL open on weekends.

ninabrackeen Platinum 23 Reviews

Well, we arrived on Sunday 12/27 and the lounge was open that evening. I loved the hotel, they upgraded my son and I to a large corner room with a lovely view. Ive stayed at the Marquis, Ren times square, ren 57th, Res In  and Courtyard Times Square, and the Essex house and for a points redemption,or as a paying guest, this is the hotel I will return to.

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

mandylp33...so sorry to hear about your terrible experience and hope that Marriott makes it right for you.  I recently stayed there about 3 weeks ago and had a completely different experience and really loved the hotel and felt that the staff was professional and very accommodating.  I was only there one night on business and really liked the location and the amenities that they have.  I always try and give a place a second chance if I have a bad experience but after the experience you had with bloody sheets it would probably make it difficult for me to return as well.  Best of luck in getting a resolution that makes you happy.

if you stay again there is a great Italian restaurant a few miles away called la Manda  great pizza and parms

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

jerryl...Thanks so much for the recommendation...I will definitely try la Manda out next time I am there.

boomer Platinum

I have never stayed at this property as it is usually booked or has outrageous prices when I need to stay.  The Westchester area is crazy as the prices swing wildly based on what is going on.  There was a FFI in Nanuet that had a great rate (under $100) a night but was starting to show its age and is now a Days Inn or something but it was good in a pinch.

The Renaissance just up the road is nice, although it has a n odd layout and the prices seem to be more reasonable most of the time than the Marriott.  It is also right off 287 but tucked in back so it feels like you are out of civilization.

One hotel in the area that I stay at occasionally when meetings require it (and when charges do not hit my department's cost center) is the RC in White Plains.  The rates are not bad for a RC and the staff is awesome.  I have been there several times over the past few years and always see a lot of familiar faces.  The views of Manhattan from the 42 restaurant (on the 42nd floor) are great if the weather is clear.

jagertraveler Platinum

I have stayed here no less than 10 times and always remembered the long, dreadful walk from the rooms....across that catwalk...to the main facilities.  Unless there have been renovations, then be prepared for a 1/2 mile hike anywhere on this property.  If you're lucky you will see deer roaming under the catwalk in the mornings.  Also, not sure if the pool is accessible to the locals, or if this property is considered a vacation resort, but there was no less than 30 kids in the pool at any time.  Otherwise, this was an enjoyable location and had a very secluded feeling to it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...