7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2016 10:20 AM by catuary RSS

Extra Points not posting

ndn Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We've all been there before when a stay posts to our account, but without the points from a platinum arrival gift or lounge-closed compensation. Well, I think it's time to FIX THIS NOW! SPG customers will NOT be tolerating what we have for so long.

In my case, a stay at the Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection, from a bit ago just posted. My stay was wonderful, but my posted points included 1532 "extra points," which is completely wrong. I can only assume that the 1532 points were what was left of the winter Megabonus promotion. However, I should have had many more, and I fear the following were missing:

3 nights of 750 points for no lounge

1 platinum arrival gift of 500 points

1 night of green dreams 300 points for no housekeeping

TOTAL: 3050

All of these were confirmed with the hotel during my stay, but I believe they didn't post.

carat, is there somebody that can help me with this? I am not just looking for the missing points to be posted. I want a root-cause analysis performed to determine why the points did not post (e.g., not posted by hotel, technical glitch in system, etc). I want the results of that analysis sent to me in an e-mail or letter--together with the remediation steps that have been or will be performed by Marriott or its affiliates to ensure that the root cause of the missing points has been solved.

I shouldn't ever have to write in or call in for these missing "guaranteed" points. As far as I am concerned, if the points do not appear, the guarantee was not upheld--regardless of whether the hotel did everything properly.

When can this all be performed?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Extra Points not posting
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for reaching out, ndn.  I can understand your frustration in missing points and I'd like to work with our team to provide additional clarity.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards number as well as the dates of your stay?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

carat, Thanks. I sent the info in a direct message. This has happened a few times before, and I know other people have complained about missing points. I know the SPG elites really are sticklers for these kinds of things, and so this should be resolved for both us and the whole new customer base.    

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree your central tenet here, SPG has a strong reputation for accuracy, one of the many reasons it's so favoured amongst those frequent travellers, provided they can cope with its limited reach.

SPGs are not going to like the near 100% forgetfullness of Marriott properties in posting the "750 optional no breakfast points", the "1,000 weekend breakfast replacement points" and the "2,000/5,000/10,000 bonus point packages". Over the last year or so I've qualified/opted for these about 5 times but the hotels "forgotten" to post them 4 out of the 5 times. A truly abysmal performance for which corporate isn't remotely interested, just posting the points with a metaphorical perfunctory shrug.

One of the things about Starwood Arne was very attracted to was the success of the SPG program. I don't think Marriott has as much to learn from SPG as most SPG'ers do, but in this area Marriott clearly has much to learn. Hopefully Marriott will be attending those SPG lessons very soon!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I think it really starts with the person checking you in . I stay at the mesa Marriott a number of times on a weekend.  always tell them I want the 500 plus the 750 . If they are experienced it will happen if not I will get only the 500.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

My recent experience was just the opposite.

I received both my 500 points and 1500 (750 per day for 2 days) points for not having breakfast at the Autograph Castle Hotel when my stay posted two days after checking out. The Fort Lauderdale Marriott was also giving 500 extra when checking out in person (probably related to their ongoing renovations). Those posted separately from my stay but on the same day (again two days after checking out).

Not getting points in a timely manner is an issue that needs to be addressed across the chain. Perhaps I just lucked out on my recent stays. Missing points is a big deal. Occasionally things slip through the cracks. That said, no one wants to go chasing points. This is one area where Marriott still has lots of room to improve.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

I Always have problems if they stay includes a bonus per stay or night and have found out now the problem lies directly with the hotel for any points awarded out with the receipt paid stay now I always mention on check in if there is a bonus so fingers crossed this weekend in Orlando

catuary Platinum

I have never had bonus posts from the "Rewards Offers" tab post without having to contact Marriott.  It is quite annoying.  See picture for what I'm talking about.OprylandBonus.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...