3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2015 3:47 PM by carat RSS

Gold elite nights rollover status question

souljim Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Fellow Insiders

As a bit of a newbie I'd just like some help regarding rollover elite nights. I've achieved gold status recently through the taste of gold promotion by staying 6 nights within the three month timeframe. I believe this status lasts for 3 months but am not completely sure? I am currently due to finish the year on 48 nights and wanted to understand what this meant and if I'd be able to rollover any nights into next year or would it revert back to 0 nights? I guess I could sign up for the credit card to get me over the 50 nights threshold if I had to.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks

Souljim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold elite nights rollover status question
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

If you end the year as planned with 48 nights, you won't start next year with any rollover nights. Shortly after the year begins (it usually takes about a week or so), your nights will reset to 0. You won't lose your Gold status. Since you just earned it this year it is good until Feb 2017,  but to qualify again for the following year you will need to earn 50 nights in 2016. By signing up for the credit card, that will give you 15 nights toward the requirement.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nmballoonist Platinum

Bejacob hit the nail on the head.  I would also recommend the credit card.  15 nights (automatic silver each year plus one free night which now counts when redeemed so effectively 16 nights) plus you get a night for every $3000 charged.  And you get points per dollar and 5x points on Marriott charges.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to the Insiders Community, souljim! As you  may have seen already, this is a great place to discuss all things travel.  From sharing your experiences and recommendations to reading what other like minded travelers have to say, we cover it all!  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, like above, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We are here to help!   I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your question, I'd like to shed some light.  When you complete a Taste of Gold Challenge, you are eligible for Gold status for one year.  If you would like better details on dates and your rollover nights, please private message me with your Rewards number and I'll be able to provide clarity.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...