3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 9:22 AM by rasd10 RSS

Only 3 allowed in a room at the JW Ko Olina?

impulsivepuppy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I am considering a trip to Hawaii and when looking at the res system noticed that the JW in Hawaii seems to be limited to 3 to a room, unlike the standard 4 one usually sees.  Is this really so? Is it strictly enforced? Looking at the room size these rooms are the same size, if not larger, than most Marriott rooms. My wife and I are traveling with our two children ages 2 and 5. It would seem far-fetched for Marriott to expect us to get a second room for children so young.  Any experience, advice, or suggestions? Thanks so much and Happy Holidays!

ps, I may cross post as I am not entirely sure which category of forum this question best fits.  Sorry! :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Only 3 allowed in a room at the JW Ko Olina?
    luv2travl Platinum

Hi!

I don't know what the particular policy at the JW Ko Olina...but a number of years ago we took our 3 children to Hawaii with us. As I was making the reservations 6 months in advance, I noticed that most of the time the hotels only allowed 3 in a room. After being fairly frustrated, I called the hotel direct ( the Maui Marriott in Kaanapali) and they were more than happy to accomodate our family of 5 in one room. I was told that their fire policy had a limit on the number of people in their hotel rooms, but that the manager had the ability to adjust that based on occupancy of the hotel.

Anyway, I would definitely call the hotel directly and speak with a manager. We also stayed at the Hilton on Oahu and likewise had no problem with 5 in a room after I called.

This was actually my "ah ha" moment that has encouraged me over the years to always ask for my preferences. I am usually pleasantly surprised! Good Luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

impulsivepuppy Platinum

hey luv2travel, thanks for the reply and the suggestion to call ahead!  I will do that!

rasd10 Platinum

I had this same issue and concern.  I called Marriott Reservations last night and they clarified that the limit was for 4 adults.  They will allow 3 adults (>18years) and 1 child.  You should be fine but call them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...