5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2015 9:56 AM by see_the_sights RSS

Choose your promotion!

juliecorr Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why are the promotions offered to Platinum members so much harder to attain and worth some much less than the offers made to other Marriott Rewards members?  I think each Marriott member, regardless of status, should be offered ALL of the promotions and choose which offer is best for them. It seems Marriott is punishing it's more loyal members rather than rewarding them.  JMO.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Choose your promotion!
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi juliecorr. I found your thread interesting and I wanted to shed a little light.  Each members activity is reviewed and solicited a promotional offer that's best suited based on their activity.  If member is not happy with the promotional offer they were solicited, they can reach out to Marriott Rewards, or us moderators, and they can enroll you in an alternative offer.  Hopefully this answers your question, but please feel free to reach out if you have any more. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chris.s Gold

carat - I tried to send you a DM but it didn't go through. I had a similar question about converting to a different promotion - I sent an email asking, but haven't heard a response. Thanks.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi chris.s.  I've gone ahead and send you a private message, just to get things going. 

I also see that you are new to the community, welcome!  The Insiders forum is a great place to talk about all things travel related with like minded travelers.  As you may have seen, I am one of the moderators here along with lindseyh and deannad.  If you ever have any questions, like above, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we are here to help.   I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

see_the_sights Gold

Hi carot, I also ran into the same issue as chris s. in that my DM didn't go through. Can you private message me also as I have a question.

ericwynn Platinum

As  a lifer (4000 stays), I have seen my coworkers get different promotions than me, however, I think in the long run, it really does not make a big difference as it seems everyone is offered the same amount of promotional  points per year.

If there is a significant difference, that would be an interesting discussion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...