34 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2016 11:11 AM by iahflyr RSS

RewardsPlus: United does not acknowledge enrollment

screechowl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have registered at www.mrrewardsplus.com, I have called the Marriott Rewards customer service number, and I have checked my United Mileage Plus account again and again, but all to no avail.  Everytime I go to the mrrewardsplus.com site it says "Our records indicate that you've already registered for RewardsPlus. Please allow 7-10 business days after registering for your MileagePlus account to be updated."  Meanwhile, I have waited over a month.  I am traveling with my family on United on XMas day so in a last ditch effort I am appealing to the boards for help on how to make my Mileage Plus status happen.  

Our records indicate that you've already registered for RewardsPlus. Please allow 7-10 business days after registering for your MileagePlus account to be updated.

Our records indicate that you've already registered for RewardsPlus. Please allow 7-10 business days after registering for your MileagePlus account to be updated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: RewardsPlus: United does not acknowledge enrollment
    boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Have you tried picking up a phone and speaking with either United or Marriott?  In speaking with United, they may update your status by providing them your Marriott credentials.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great suggestion, boldie24.  Calling is always a good option to expidite the process.  However, I'd like to see if I can provide support as well.  screechowl, can you send me a private message with your Rewards number?  I'll reach out to our greater team for clarity.  Thanks in advance.

birdoinboston Gold

Hi carat,

I'm having the same issue as well -- planning on travelling for family gathering for New Years and the free bag would be much appreciated (since we will be travelling with a 15 month old)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That free checked bag may not be so sweet a deal when your luggage ends up in Fargo yet you were traveling to Ft. Myers.   Hope it works out for you, give them a call and talk with Customer Service at UA.

screechowl Platinum

Hey IAHFLYR, I assume you are just joking around.  There is no way UA would send my luggage to Fargo if I am going to Ft. Meyers.  All Ft. Meyers luggage is routed to Bismark. 

Hey, if there is an airport they fly to screechowl your luggage from Ft, Myers could end up there!!

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

What I thought was interesting was when United left my luggage (plus one other person's bag) behind in TX when I was coming home one time when they ran out of space because they loaded luggage from a cancelled flight where most of the people were still in Texas. Both of ours had the bright orange priority tags on them.  I enjoy the free bag and the sometimes last minute free seat upgrades that this benefit has, but I have more luggage problems since they started flagging me as priority than before.

alwweb,

Those Priority bad tags mean absolutely NOTHING when flying into a UA HUB for the most part.  I've waited and waited when I have to check a bag such as golf clubs until almost the entire plane has their luggage and are long gone.  I can't figure out why they won't let me carry the golf bag on the plane, come on UA!!!

Thus why we hardly ever check luggage or travel with my clubs.  I find when your roll-a-board is in the overhead you have a much better chance of having it arrive with you at your destination.  As said before, baggage claim is an airlines last chance to disappoint a passenger!!!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi screechowl,

carat and I have heard back from our team and they have advised that your account indicates you have been upgraded to Silver status with United Airlines as per their United Liaison, so you should be all set!

screechowl Platinum

Yes, thank you very much for your help! 

ejjones3 Platinum

Hi deannad, I'm experiencing the same issue with my RewardsPlus.  My United FF isn't showing Silver when I log-in, I'm unable to call as I'm in Afghanistan - would you please assist?  Whenever I travel internationally, I try to go Qatar Airways/Emirates/Etihad, but with RewardsPlus I'm going to give greater consideration to United.

Thanks!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and email address and I will reach out to our team on your behalf. Thanks!

greekbecky Platinum

@ screechowl, thank you for posting about the United Mileage Plus/Marriott Reward promotion as I could use some clarification on this offer.  As an example, let's say I travel to California and stay at a Marriott property.  The typical scenario would be that I would receive United mileage credit on my MileagePlus for the flight and Marriott points on my Marriott Rewards account respectively.  With this promotion, you have to convert point/miles earned from the flight/stay from one account to the other to get the perks?  I am not following this one at all.

It might be a mute point anyways as when I called Marriott Rewards for clarification, the agent said that I would not be able to participate as I am in the MegaBonus promotion.

PS...love the handle 'screechowl'!

greekbecky,

I'm not eligible for the program due to already being at a level with UA that does not permit it however, you should get your UA miles/segments/dollar points for the flight assuming you purchased a ticket and not using a reward ticket.  You should also get your Marriott points and nights from Marriott Rewards again assuming you paid for the stay and didn't use points.

Platinum

When you have an issue with United - it's good to go to united.com/feedback - you then end up with a case # and eventually something actually gets done.

UA Platinum Marriott PP for Life.

tfsontheroad Platinum

How does the Platinum Marriott status work with getting United Silver? I have just reached Platinum here (actually have stayed 78 nights,but only 74 are showing up yet. I expect my status to reflect Platinum status any day now).  Do I need to reach out and manually sign up to United or will I get an email notifying me of my eligibility?  Thanks.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

tfsontheroad, you need to sign up at:

https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/

It takes a few weeks to kick in.

Platinum

...and well worth it too if you're not already in both programs at elite level

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I found out it saved me $30 luggage fee with Air Canada, and I got a few (very few) miles too. I should also get some miles from a Lufthansa flight I'm taking and from my TIPPLE flights. It's worthwhile registering...

Are you flying the A388 to IAH brightlybob?  If so I hope upstairs as otherwise it will be like being in the cargo hold of the Titanic!!

Ner, my IAH is via United, 7/9 to MAN-EWR (757). 14/9 EWR-IAH (320). 24/9 IAH-IAD (320) & IAD-MAN (757)

You will enjoy the B752 and the A320, The B752 should be all former Continental Flight Crew unless the new United contract has been approved and is working already.  You might even get the new A320 First Class interior!   Either way, you will be enjoying the flights I'm sure.

I Think this convo more properly belongs in flightgeekery, but let's live dangerously eh?

So is former Continental better than United then?

And what are my upgrade chances as silver on the flights?

Wednesday 7 Sept MAN-EWR departing 0930

Wednesday 14 Sept EWR-IAH departing 1530

Saturday 24 Sept IAH-IAD departing 1320 - connecting with IAD-MAN dep 1640

brightlybob, I was told by a UA employee (not sure how accurate this is) that upgrades are given in this order:  most likely is Global Services, then 1K, then gold, then silver, then they look at what you paid for your ticket with most expensive tickets being upgraded first.  Then of course they look at availability and the size of the group on the booking.  If you are traveling with another person or people, UA lets you split the reservations so the elite traveler's is separate and more likely to get upgraded without the others.

For your transatlantic flights, I think you'd have a decent chance of upgrade as I know many people with no status who've been upgraded as these seats tend to remain open and not be sold as first class tickets.

For your flights between UA hubs, you have virtually no chance of an upgrade with silver as those routes are going to be full of loyal UA elites with higher status.

I have silver status on DL and UA, and I've found that I tend to get upgrades most when I'm flying a route where the airline does not have a major presence.  I thinki it's because there are fewer elite flyers on those routes as the regulars on those routes tend to choose the airline with the larger presence.  I also tend to get upgraded on tourist routes, especially ones where families tend to travel as families are less likely to have status or pay for first class and are less likely to want to sit apart if someone has a chance at an upgrade.  So I have gotten upgrades on Hawaii and almost always get upgrades to and/or from Orlando.  I also tend to get upgrades flying DL to MIA (since it's an AA hub so most people are flying AA in and out of there).  Last week I got an upgrade from IAH to MSP on DL because most people fly UA in and out of there.  You get the idea!

Yes, Im travelling with my eldest MAN-EWR so think it's unlikely I'll see any upgrade then. I didn't see my Wednesday afternoon EWR-IAH flight as standing the remotest chance of any upgrade. My early afternoon Saturday IAH-IAD flight I felt had a fair chance (ie better than the flat zero chance for the EWR-IAH leg) as its not likely to be a popular elite travel time. I know that UA doesn't do FC upgrades on transatlantic flights but hope that I might bag an economy plus seat on the IAD-MAN leg, especially as I'm travelling alone on that journey. I'm well aware as a Silver that I'm bottom of the list, but it's nice to be on the list when this will be my first ever United flight!

You never know with the transatlantic flights.  My sisters and mom were upgraded on their last UK-US route, and they have no status at all.  One of my colleagues got the same for her family of four from Paris-US.  Another way to get an upgrade on the transatlantic is to volunteer to take a later flight if they ask for that sort of thing.

brightlybob,

The rumor long ago was that UA crews were old and cranky didn't provide much service while the CO crews were much more personable and gave great service.  I find since they put UA crews at IAH a few years ago that any flight that had pre-merger UA crews were excellent as the CO crews so not much difference.  Since CO was my favorite and I flew them for over a million miles I'll always want their crews/planes plus every now and again we'll get a Flight Attendant we know so you get that little extra special service and more drinks up front!!!

Your upgrade chances like clebert has written about will probably not happen as a Silver flying HUB to HUB, certainly much less likely from EWR as quite a few actually buy the First Class tickets.  Also, the International flights tend to not give complimentary upgrades as there is normally a wait list for those wanting to use miles for that upgrade.

NNow I'm no miles flyer so all of this is new to me. So you can upgrade your paid for seat using miles. How does that work then, and what kind of miles are we talking about fro a transatlantic upgrade here?

A lot of miles to upgrade international flights, plus a fee I think.  Once you've booked you can still request a miles upgrade - maybe call UA and see what they say.  Can't hurt. 

https://www.united.com/web/format/pdf/United-Award-Chart-06-16-15.pdf

MileagePlus Upgrade Award Pricing | United Airlines

Yes brightlybob you can select an option of upgrading using miles when you are searching for flights on the UA website.  The key is you'll come across either a yellow or green arrow next to the fare.  If it is green you'll be given the upgrade when you purchase your ticket and the miles show for that upgrade will be deducted from your account.  It is confirmed and you select your seat.  if it is a yellow arrow that puts you on a wait list and that is usually not a good thing.  Quite often it makes more sense to buy the First Class ticket for not much more than the Economy priced ticket if that is the case and often can be, plus you don't use a ton of miles by doing that if the fares are within a couple of hundred dollars. 

Trans Atlantic flights you most likely will find nothing available for upgrade using miles so just get on the list when you check-in for the flight and enjoy the ride!!

IAHFLYR, I hope the FAs aren't bringing the type of drinks up to the pilots that those Northwest pilots drank before their DUI flight out of Fargo, ND, a few years back.  Remember that?  Speaking of merger issues, the DL crews who were NW claim that they are better than the DL crews.  Seems to be a trend.  Whoever's airline is going away clings to that prior identity and feels superior

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...