16 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2016 9:20 AM by AndrewT RSS

Time Lag For Point to Post After Stay

tomba11 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Why does it take up to 10 days or longer for MR points to post after a stay?

Is Marriott on Dial up or using AOL with its internal system? Trying to book

a vacation on points and waiting for points to post........ (tapping foot)

Is there a way to fast track this with the infamous Gold call in hotline?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Time Lag For Point to Post After Stay
    jt15550 Platinum

I've rarely had it take more than a week, or five business days.  If you're waiting to take a trip, then it might be worth a trip to the MR customer service line.  I'm sure they will do what they can to expedite the process.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

It has never taken more than five days for any stay of mine to be posted.  The only exceptions were when errors by the hotel required my sending copies of receipts to straighten out errors.  (This has happened twice in 25 years.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

So here is my tale of woe. I checked into the renaissance Dusseldorf on a PAID stay on November 28 for a one night stay to fly back to USA on 11/29. I did a call to the Platinum line on December 12, well after the 10 days to see if the points posted. They took my reservation number (which, luckily, I was able to find, its not on the folio which I received from the live front desk check out I did on 11/29. My MR number is on my folio that I received at checkout.) On December 13 the Guest Relations manager from the hotel emails me saying, sorry, we know we know we owe you the points and bonuses, we will get this done an points will show up in a few days. So now we are 4 days later, still no points and coming up on 3 weeks after the stay and still no points. I find this very frustrating as I have been very patient, waited , have affirmative communication from the hotel and still, nothing. How long do I have to wait to get the points posted????????

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Sounds very frustrating, stelzer001!  If you'd like, I can take a look into this for you, just send me a private message with your Rewards and confirmation number. 

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

the points posted today, but were backdated to 12/13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I emailed the hotel last night (9PM eastern) as the points were not posted, and voila, they magically appeared when I logged on at 8am Eastern today. I can PM you the name of the person at Marriott HQ who told the hotel the points were posted on 12/13 (NOT) as they were obviously backdated

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Glad to hear your points were posted, but can see how the process caused some annoyance. 

yalebulldog99 Platinum

I have to agree about the delayed posting being a frequent issue. Almost none of my stays and points post in a timely way. You wait the 10 days before you can post a missing stay THEN you wait 10 more days for it to be researched after you send a e-folio. Even then, I typically wait more time and end up emailing CC and it takes two emails to get a response. I just don't get it. SPG literally posts the next day, with very few exceptions. Even the birthday elite night hasn't posted and the email stated it will be done in 48 hours. We are at a week already. carat Have you ever heard of an issue with a guests number or is this usually a more systemic occurrence? I hate to be a complainer, but this seems very odd to me.

felixf5 Platinum

I had 8 stays (in Europe, Germany) last month and 7 of them had the points posted to my account about 24h after check-out. (Still long for an impatient Marriott Rewards Insider eager to complete a gold challenge )

The one that had a delay was because of a rewards number mix-up at check-in, carat was very quick to settle that little issue

yalebulldog99 Platinum

Thanks! That's good to know. carat I hope you don't mind me bugging you in the near future.

Never a bother yalebulldog99!  We have heard that the missing stay request process can be a bit of an inconvenience, but some times it pays to be an Insider.  Should you run into any missing stay issues in the future, feel free to reach out to myself, or any of the community managers, we can always help. One thing that can help us expedite the process is having a copy of your folio, so be sure to pass that along as well as your Rewards number. 

arkay Gold 1 Reviews

I really have to agree with the commentators here. With Marriott urging people to use online registration and online checkout, it makes one wonder if Marriott hired the CIO form the United -Continental merger fiasco to manage its information infrastructure. It is especially frustrating when one is about to move to a higher rewards category that you have to wait a week for a stay to post..

I accrued enough for Platinum this year which did not get recognized while I was at my next stay. It will be interesting to see if they retroactively apply the extra bonus points to this stay.

By the way do you think that it takes over a week for the properties revenue figures to post to the Corporate finance group?

peripateticepiscopalian Gold

I'm in the same boat, waiting for a recent stay (Marriott Marquis NYC) to post. I checked out a week ago (almost to the minute). Usually, I find that my stays and points post within 2-3 business days and my folio is emailed within minutes of checkout. This stay has not yet posted to my rewards account and I had to email Customer Care to get the folio so I could do month-end expense reporting.

I'm sure I'm overly anxious but this stay should put me into Platinum.

carols Gold

Is anyone else having a poor experience with Marriott Rewards customer service lately?  I had a stay in early August for which I didn't receive correct points credit, and I've contacted MR 4 times over the past 1 1/2 months, with no response. I called and was asked to resend my room folio, which I did and once again received no reply. It's as if the customer service team is located in a black hole. I'm not having any issues with e-mail, and I tried both the online and e-mail methods of communication, so I'm fairly sure they received my multiple written requests.  They definitely received my phone call. I've had fairly good service from MR in the past, so I'm especially perplexed and disappointed by this recent experience.  I hope it's not indicative of a systemic problem.

yalebulldog99 Platinum

Yes, yes, yes. It's been really concerning. I always thought the first rules of guest service and recovery were to be responsive/follow up and not make a guest drive their own resolution. I had a number of issues with points posting and a concern about a hotel and it's took 2-5 emails to get a response and I didn't get one until I asked for an manager to reaponse. Also, while I believe everyone is entitled to excellent guest service, I have to say I was a little surprised that the responses did not fully answer the questions asked and did not make me feel appreciated as a platinum guest. I do think that they are more leanly staffed (overworked) and are having problems with keeping up with volume. That is unfair to the customer service representatives , but it is also not fair to us. Here's hoping things will change. The moderators in this forum in contest are extremely responsive, which I love. Goood observation and good luck.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear this, carols. If you could send me a direct message with your Rewards number and reservation number for this stay, I'd be happy to look into this for you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...