3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2016 3:50 PM by seatexan RSS

Sri Lanka Honeymoon

adamcarlton Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hi team!

I hope that someone can help me, I am travelling with my soon-to-be wife to Sri Lanka in February-March for a 2 week honeymoon. We would like to spend have the time on the beach sipping cocktails and enjoying the country and the other half sightseeing and hiking through the mountains/ forests.

I would love to hear some recommendations about where to go/ where to eat/ what to do!

Thanks in advance....

Adam

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
sri lanka
  • Re: Sri Lanka Honeymoon
    gatilla007 Silver

Hey there adamcarlton I haven't been there myself, buy it's on our list of places to get to in next couple of years. I found this trip report very helpful, hope you find it of interest...

www.milesinbetween.com/2014/02/21/trip-report-sri-lanka

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

This is where my mother and father (step)...went on their honeymoon.

I will speak to my mother and get some info I know they flew into Colombo.

There was news of Weligama (spelling?) Bay becoming a Marriott property, but when I inquired about this, it had not happened.

http://news.marriott.com/2012/07/marriott-international-announces-its-first-hotel-in-sri-lanka-the-weligama-bay-marriott-resort-spa.html

Response on 5/4/15:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Customer Care.

At this time, we do not have any property at Sri Lanka.

Please look for announcements of future hotel openings at:

http://www.marriott.com/search/newHotels.mi

If we can be of further assistance, we invite you to reply to this message.

Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Regards,

Imran R

Marriott Customer Care

No Marriott properties!

I will see what my parents did as they are major Marriott people too, yet had no Marriott to stay at when there.

seatexan Platinum

My mom told me they stayed in Galle, Koggala and then in the mountains.  She said Galle was incredible, historically speaking and close to a lot of things.  Koggala beach was very pretty.  She can't remember where they stayed in the mountains.  It is about a 2 hour drive to Galle and Koggala.  They are close to one another. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...