8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 7:14 AM by rinny54 RSS

Looking for resort in Hilton Head,SC

cruiseliver Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to decide which Marriott to stay at in Hilton Head, This will be our first time there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Carmel, Indiana, USA
  • Re: Looking for resort in Hilton Head,SC
    lesliepamel Platinum

In my opinion GRAND OCEAN offers the best of the Marriott Bunch. It is right on the beach.Like a lot of Marriott resorts these days it requires some serious attention. The underground parking garage is depressing and the reception desk is little better than boot camp - the staff are excellent though! 

Surfwatch is smaller, and is a 10 minutes walk to the beach over narrow footbridges.

Why not try another company? I didn't stay at them but I did have a look while I was out there. If I was to visit HH again I would probably choose the Disney Resort. It was smart, clean and very cool. Only problem though is that it is so good, that it could be difficult to get an exchange into.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

elskelley Platinum

We stayed at the Barony Beach Club for a week in October.  Everything was great.  Activities, heated pools, on the ocean and great area with many outdoor grills for cooking dinner.

We'd go again.

ELS

garrejs Gold

We have stayed at the grande ocean and HH marriotr resort and spa.  The Grande Ocean is much better, wonderful 2 bedroom suites (no restaurants however).  The marriott resort and spa is very much like a traditional hotel.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Just spent the last week @ Surfwatch--Marriott's Vacation Club. We are leaving today.  It was great!  We had 2-2 bedroom units for our entire family.  Everyone was comfortable. This is the only MVC with 3 bedroom units. The beach is wonderful here, but you need to walk about 5 minutes to get there over a marsh or they transport you via golf cart all day long--very easy.  The exercise activities are free; some fun ones are a minimal charge if food is involved; yet some food is free. They have an active activity schedule. All the pools are salt water.  We have stayed @ Barony Beach Club--also a Marriott Vacation Club.  We loved it there as it was a bit smaller & right on the beach--no walking over a marsh. They just opened a great pool bar in April. The only other MVC that I would stay at here would be Grand Ocean, because it is on the ocean.  I have not been able to trade into that yet.  I guess that means it is very popular.  It is also in Sea Pines, which is close to more of the action.  However, it is not far to get to any place on the island. 

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I have been to many of the HH resorts and enjoyed Surfwatch the most.  I was lucky enough to have one of the ocean close units.  The last time I was at Grand Ocean I found it warn and my unit was just above the parking garage and I heard the horn beeps when people locked their cars.  In it's early days it was really nice.

That's good to know, Californian.  I have never stayed there.  I just put it on my potential list of 3 for HHI because it is on the beach. Barony is great also.

curiousone Platinum

rinny54 - FYI the Marriott Grande Chateau in Las Vegas has 3 bedroom units.

Yes, Curiousone, I know.  I own @ Grand Chateau.  What I should have said was Grand Ocean is the only MVC on Hilton Head Island with 3 bedrooms.  Sorry!  Grand Vista in Orlando and another MVC in Orlando have 3 bedrooms as well.  And if I am not mistaken so does Ko Olina in Oahu, Hawaii.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...