5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2015 11:27 PM by ramoneur RSS

getting night credit

jax90 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

New to the Marriott rewards. I have a question in getting night credits. If I book a stay, but do not check in, but still pay for the room, do I still get credit towards my Marriot rewards account? (IE, if I am only a couple of nights away from the next status up, and I found a cheap rate)

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: getting night credit
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I'm replying to your question simply to bump it to the top of the "big board" so that someone who might have some experience with this can chime in. I know from past discussions that some folks who made reservations at a non-refundable rate -- and then couldn't make the stay -- received neither points nor nights' credit (which is a bummer) because they never checked in. So paying for a room with no intention of checking in may not be the best strategy. Maybe carat could shed some light on this.

And I noticed you jumped in on another thread and got your answer about length of gold retention that you had posed in another post. Good for you -- and welcome to MRI!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Jax90 and welcome to Marriott Rewards. You have to physically be at the hotel and spend the night. I recall a year or so ago that I was staying at a Marriott property for about five days, but in the middle had to take a trip that forced me to stay overnight at another Marriott property in a neighboring state while keeping the original reservation so that I didn't have to check out. I called the Marriott Rewards customer service number and asked if I would get credit for both nights and was told no. I did check my account status afterwards, and found that they were correct - I only got the credit for the longer-term stay, but not the intervening one-night stay.

ramoneur Platinum

how do they check you actually spend the night after checking in?

just check in and leave;

maybe put a do not disturb sign on the door;

furthermore, and also maybe not the nicest thing to do, you could combine it with phonecall:

I had to leave in a hurry without checking out; please check me out today and put costs on my credit card

ramoneur Platinum

ofc, when you're actually there;

why not spend the night anyway ;-)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jax90,

nhtraveler is correct, to be eligible for credit in the Rewards program, the room needs to be booked in the name as it appears on the Marriott Rewards account, the member must personally check-in and occupy the room, and the hotel must be paid directly for the stay upon check-in. So having a reservation, even if it is an advance purchase rate or ends up being charged as a guarantee no show, will not add any credit (points or Elite nights) to the account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...