1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 11, 2015 10:43 AM by nhtraveler RSS

going up a status

jax90 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

New to Marriott rewards.  I have a question. Currently I am at a silver status. If I make it to gold status in December (getting my 50 nights a year), will I only by gold until February when Marriott starts the new year? Or will I be gold for the whole 2016 year?

And any news in buying back statuses if you cant make it needed nights?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: going up a status
    nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi Jax90 - The credits you earn during the year you are earning them in (now, 2015) are the credits that count towards your next year's classification (2016 in this case). So, if you have 50 nights by the end of December, 2015, you hold gold status for all of 2016. If you stayed more than 50 nights, say, for example, 60, you would start your 2016 hunt for 50 nights for continued Gold status in 2017 with 10 carry-over nights (unless you had some counted this year, but that for a more detailed discussion!).  Regarding buying back status if you fail to have 50 nights in 2016 and can't get Gold in 2017, you should probably check with Marriott directly at that time in that they may change existing policy between now and then.

So, short answer, if you have 50 nights credit in 2015, you have gold through all of 2016. Welcome to the concierge lounge!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...