2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2010 9:27 PM by hotelhoney RSS

Argentina here we come

bobbimichelle Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband, my son and myself are heading down for our first trip to Argentina. I am excited about the adventure into a foreign country with beautiful people, exotic foods, and a lovely language.

My husband speaks decent (Mexican) spanish and my son speaks very passable Argentina style spainish as he has been to Argentina before.

We plan to spend a short spell at the Plaza Hotel while in the capital. I wish there were Marriotts in Cordoba or at the Coast but it looks like we will be looking for other accomidations.

My husband is blazing the trail ahead of us, by staying down there for a few weeks before we join him. In our short two weeks I suspect we will run out of time before we run out of things to see.

That said I am open to ideas. In Dec/ Jan what should not be missed on ones maiden voyage to South America, Argentina?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Argentina here we come
    pltnmprincess Platinum

I would HIGHLY recommend Iguazu Falls.  It is on the Argentina/Brazil border and is absolutely breathtaking. 

Please give us a report on your trip when you return.  I would love to hear about the sights outside of Buenos Aires.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Argentina here we come
    hotelhoney Platinum

Don't miss Iggusau Falls! it is wonderful. Stay at the Cartaras hotel it is an older hotel but the falls surround it and it is is a historical site. Take the raft up to the falls and really enjoy them. There is a bird santuary there that will take your breath away. My son was 17 when i took him and he loved hicking all over the falls. I'm not sure of the spelling of the Falls but they are famous and any travel agent should know about them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...