17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2015 2:29 PM by misterchk RSS

ERC is alive and well and getting great upgrades

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey fellow Insiders,

While I didn't actually get to visit with our old buddy erc on my weekend trip to Washington D.C., we did catch up by phone. He's doing great, traveling here and there and scoring some amazing upgrades (like a Junior Presidential suite in S.F. and a top floor water view at the Baltimore Renaissance Harborplace). He traces his success on upgrades back to the time he took a break from MRI and worries that returning would jinx him.  I believe he's off to NOLA next.

So, let me pass along a hearty greeting to the Marriott Rewards Insiders community from erc. He called out a few folks by name for good or for ill (you can decide which category fits best ). We didn't speak long but he did give a shout out to IAHFLYR, foxglove, pluto77, ssindc, jerrycoin, NathalieF, brightlybob, vaboywnder, and kharada46. There were a few others, by my memory fails me at the moment (a sure sign of geezerhood ).

In any case, I let him know he has been missed around these parts. I was pleased that he asked me to pass along so many greetings. Perhaps when the string of upgrades runs out and he can no longer blame it on his participation (or lack thereof) on this site, he'll return. I hope so.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ERC is alive and well and getting great upgrades
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Hey, bejacob, thanks for sharing/posting!!!!

And I love erc's twisted (but, sadly, potentially logical and self-serving) logic!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You hit it perfectly ssindc, extremely "twisted logic" and guess that's why I always enjoyed reading his posts as well as a few direct messages from him as I can relate very well.

Thanks much for the update bejacob.  I was gone for a week and got an upgrade as well so me thinks he's on to something.

It has been fun being here on the Insider site, you fine folks take care now as I'm on the upgrade track as well.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

bejacob,

Thanks for sharing this info!  So good to hear erc is doing well and enjoying Life!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

bejacob Thanks for tracking erc down and letting us know he's doing well -- that's so good to hear. He was a big part of why I took an immediate liking to the Insiders community. Here's hoping it won't be too long before he decides to reappear and regale us all with the stories of his recent travels.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

Very nice to know bejacob!!  Thanks for the update!

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

erc is THE man!!  I miss his wit and "horse sense" when commenting on items!!!  I am truly happy that things are going well for him!!!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Thanks, bejacob.  I've missed erc and his insights.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Amazing! Thanks so much for the update, bejacob! I was just thinking about erc the other day! Glad to hear he's doing well.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thanks for the update bejacob!  Glad to know erc is doing well.  Got my fingers crossed he'll be back on Insiders shortly! 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bejacob,

Thanks for the update on our wonderful MRI, erc!

Sure miss his insights and experiences. 

Would have written earlier, but the RI Branson, Mo., was upgrading their internet, and I couldn't access MRI!

Please keep up the great work!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Thanks for the update, bejacob.  Sure do miss erc's banter!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

someone must impress erc that his presence is needed, here!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

good news at least this week I stayed at two full service Marriott's and got on concierge floors  both times. I wonder if ERC put a good word in

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

DOh! Surely the only requirememt for great upgrades cant be abandonment of MRI?

ACtually, thinking about erc  contributions, (and some of mine), perhaps that could be it

WOw, misterchk  are you in trouble, if erc is right 2016 looks like dumpster views with the ice machine as your nearest neighbour! Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...