1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 27, 2009 9:16 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Miami Fairfield South

franktafl Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
Stayed in the Fairfield South of the airport twice now. First time-Fantastic stay, people very friendly, rates were good, hotel is new. Second time, same room (by request, hotel was not very busy), people VERY friendly, rates are still good... BUT! Now they charge for parking, 8.00 a day (I think plus tax-they listed it as MARKET). Was restricted to ONE water (usually I get two wherever I go) and the atmosphere seemed different. In days where we need to economize, I need to put paperwork in for each overnight I am at, a surprise charge like parking (really wasn't necessary but they were doing it because they could get away with it) isn't in the budget. I checked the web site for the hotel, and it was listed (either I missed it when I made the reservation or was going by previous experience, and there was not a charge). Anyway, there are other Marriott properties within striking distance of this one, easier to get to and , after you add the parking to the nightly rate, about the same in cost. Guess what will happen next time. :-) What's your thoughts about these kind of unexpected charges? Frank

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Miami Fairfield South
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Frank,

That is most interesting!

I had a similar experience at a RI, where they raised the price of the room AFTER I had stayed for a couple of days.  They did not even tell me that they did not accept my ID.

I really think that these "Surprises", are not going to be good ones.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...