1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 7, 2015 8:25 PM by laurac RSS

Lois at the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside

mychael Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Lois worked the Concierge lounge the night of Dec. 6, 2015 and I was blown away by her cheerful, caring demeanor, adaptability, and spirit to serve. While I was in the lounge enjoying the evening snacks, everything that could happen within 5 minutes did: a child dropped his bowl of candy which scattered across the floor; a pushy woman was going around to everything, asking question after question--"Is the coffee fresh?" "What kind is it?" "What is this?" "Is this good?"; I splashed some of my tea onto the tile. Lois's somehow managed to answer all these questions and clean up messes while still keeping the plates fresh and keeping an eye on the honor bar. Her responses to all of the stressors? "I'll take care of it" and "Don't worry, this is your home." Her warm tone and ever-happy demeanor really stood out to me--it made that last comment feel true; it absolutely did feel like a family dinner, with the hostess coming whisking more food on the table, cleaning up after everyone, etc.

I can't think of a Marriott associate who has more embodied the Spirit to Serve over the past year. Many--perhaps most--would have snapped under all of the pressure, with rude, messy people (with whom I gladly self-identify ) and the non-stop problems that I saw happening. Lois's quick reactions, endless energy, and warmth acted out the "home"--and in this case, actions spoke far louder than words. Under the circumstances, this was far more than I would have expected.

Thank you,

Michael

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
  • Re: Lois at the Orlando Airport Marriott Lakeside
    laurac Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings, mychael. On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...