4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2009 9:31 PM by jerrycoin RSS

NYC for New Years

treonnew Member
Currently Being Moderated

My girlfriends and I are staying at the Marriott Marquis for New Years for our first time in NYC at New Years. Any pointers on where we must go to make this experience a memorable one?? We are partying at the M2 Ultra Lounge so that is figured out but we will be there for 4 days and no other plans! We like Hibachi....any good restuarant ideas would be great!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: NYC for New Years
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I'd recommend getting or borrowing one or more of the Zagat Guides to NYC and pouring over them.  They are pocket sized and contain honest compilations of reviewer's comments on sightseeing, places to eat, and nightlife.  In addition, marriott.com has city guides, including one to NYC.  A third choice is Time Out NY for another review-filled list of restaurants and bars--the Marquis Concierge Staff often use this to check things out.

Junior's near the Marquis is a favorite of ours. Sardi's is as well.  You will never go hungry in New York!  Try one of the PDT speak-easies scattered around manhattan for an interesting evening.

A lot of shows on Broadway have rush tickets and lotteries that offer seats as low as $26.50--see this site for more information

Have a great time!

-- Edited by SteppingStones at 12/22/2009 7:14 AM PST

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

http://www.benihana.com/locations/newyorkwest-ny-we

Benihana's is not far from the Marriott Marquis. 

If you're interested in Broadway shows, you can get discounted tickets at the TKTS booth right outside the Marriott!

Have a great time in NYC!

tjcnewyork Platinum

It's way too cold for alfresco dining, but the http://www.bryantpark.org/amenities/dining.phpBryant Park Grill 25 East 40th New York is a must try. Walk a few blocks east to 5th Avenue, then downtown to 40th past the Library. Turn right on the corner at 40th and you won't miss it.  Ask for seating near the window to enjoy the festivities nearby. Dress very warmly.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/th_BryantParkGrill.jpg

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Treonnew,

Just West of you as you walk out the doors on the South doors, on the same block as the hotel is Barrymore's.  Not expensive, but every time I have lunch there someone gives me show tickets.  They have a lot of locals that go there and it is a fun place.  It is more of a bar with a nice place to eat in it.

Have a great trip!

Happy New Year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...