3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2015 11:43 AM by carat RSS

Marriot St. Kitts

CREST Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriot Employees are the some of the best I have encountered.  Very helpful, pleasant and courteous.  The front desk can get a little overwhelmed at times however that is because they ar trying to cater to everyone's requests so be patient.  Our room was not ready at 4pm even though I used the pre-check prior to arrival.  They made u for it by being pleasant and offering some beverages while we waited.

The Blue Resturant  is my least favorite- ate at their buffet - essentially you order 1 of 3 mail course and then help yourself to the salad, pizza and dessert buffet.  They ran out of pizza...which I had to make mention of as they serve pizza in the resort.

We  had diner at the Marriot Royal Steakhouse.  Service was excellent.  I was disappointed they had run out of 2 steaks although the resturant had been empty.  Bone in Filet and KC Strip were not available.  We did order the 14oz Ribeye's which were cooked perfectly.  They also had substitutions on a few other items including dessert.  I could not blame the restaurant for the stark problem since after talking to the manager- she simply told me a shipment came in and she did not like the way it looked.  She seemed to want to make sure no one got sick.

4 Adults with each ordering 2-3 cocktails, 2 appetizers,, 4 steaks, 1 Caesar for 2 people and 1 Dessert with tip came to $365.00.

NO a bad dinner for the money.  Food was good quality and service great.

if you are looking for a really good American pizza- the Pizza Shack near the Marriot pool was really good.  $20.00 for a loaded pizza, That is the best value on the resort.

I've been here for also sit a week and would recommend this resort for relaxation.  Best time is November when the crowds are smaller and the prices are reasonable.m don't worry about the so called rainy season as if it rains it is short lived.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Kitts, Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Re: Marriot St. Kitts
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I had a similar experience during a weeks vacation in Dec 2013. I liked the property. I thought the staff was friendly as well. The steakhouse was decent but not great, and pretty pricey. I agree the pizza shack is a cool spot for a lunch or snack.

Funny you mention them running out of things. I tried to get a mango daiquiri the first three days of the trip, once at the swim up bar, again at a restaurant, and a second time at the swim up bar a couple days into the trip. Each time they said they didn't have the ingredients for it. It was a very small thing but I found it odd. Don't offer it if you can't make it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Excellent report on St. Kitts, I've wondered often about that hotel so might be worth taking a look at it in person.

Thank you for sharing and please share some pictures CREST.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great write up, CREST!  Thanks for sharing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...