4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2016 1:42 PM by nhtraveler RSS

New Orleans Marriott M Club Lounge

ncinsider Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If you are trying to decide between the JW Marriott or Marriott in New Orleans go for the Marriott on Canal Street. They have the new M Club Lounge and it is certainly one of the nicest lounges with a full breakfast. The JW across Canal Street is in the middle of a major renovation, so I am sure they will have an upgraded lounge when they are finished

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Orleans, LA
  • Re: New Orleans Marriott M Club Lounge
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great tip, ncinsider!  Do you have any recommendations on what to do in the area? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

That's great news!   My last trip to NO introduced me to one of the worst CLs I have experienced and my plan was to switch to the JW if we return.  In another thread I had listed the NO Marriott's CL as one of the worst three that I have experienced.

theretiree Platinum

No, the M Lounge is not great news.  Just checked out of the Canal Street Marriott and upon arrival with wife, mother, and kids, asked the clerk to explain the Lounge:  Here goes: Since I'm Platinum, I can use the lounge with one guest: I can take mom, or Dear wife, or A kid....But don't worry, if I want to bring my whole family, I can do so for the low, low price of $30 A PERSON A DAY.  As the clerk explained it, this is to "enhance the Lounge experience."  And in my case, add $90 a day to the bill.   Needless to say, we didn't bite, but I paid close attention, and watched Gold and Platinum members  bring in gangs of kids and buddies--until the bouncer, oh, sorry, the concierge showed around six.  So this poorly paid minion gets to tell the arriving CEO or 100 day a year Platinum member that he can't  bring in his family so his Experience can be Enhanced.  How exactly does this enhance our experience, especially after our family offers their opinion.  I understand how it enhances Marriott's bottom line if folks actually pay the extra bucks, but I doubt this will happen.  Greedy policy, and stupid in the bargain because if folks show up early are they going to be run off once the food comes out?  This ain't exactly Pan Am's Clipper Club, and my family never got turned away there, nor have I ever objected to families at Marriotts or Renaissances here in the States or Canada. Silly me, I  thought Marriott was a good family values chain that didn't subscribe to China's one-wife or one-kid policy.  Lose the bouncer and just let s get a little bit of payback for the money we spend earning Gold or Platinum status. 

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hello Insiders - I just returned from New Orleans and the Marriott on Canal St. with the M Club lounge. I agree, it's decor is excellent, it's full breakfast, from eggs (including an omelet chef), to pancakes, to fruit, etc, is better than any CL I've ever been in, but, and this is the big but, I don't think we, as upper level elite members get as much as we did with the CL. First, while the evening snacks were excellent, it all ends at 7:00 PM. While Diedra (sp?) was a superb manager of the M Club (she actually brought individual portions out to people who got in a bit late) not all mangers will be as obliging (in fact, she is leaving to take over the New Orleans Ritz's Club Lounge). At the CL, desserts were brought out around 7:30 or 8:00 PM and left until 10:00 pm. I got into conversation with a fellow Lifetime Platinum and he was, to put it mildly, disillusioned with the M Club concept. In New Orleans, they allow you to order off the lobby bar menu and eat in the M Club. We both found that somewhat off-putting in that it will reduce turn-over, and make it harder to Gold and Platinum members who have earned admission by dint of their loyalty to Marriott and the expenditure of a fair amount of cash to reach the membership levels, to find space while those who "pay to play" when they register take up all the space.

Another thing, while you can get water from the lobby concierge desk, there are no water bottles in the M Club, just regular and diet sodas. Water is available from a fancy water dispenser that also dispenses sparkling water (sadly, that was out when I was there) into individual cups. Also, no juice.

I'm not willing to give up on the M-Club, but Marriott still needs to win me over.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...