9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2015 12:59 PM by misterchk RSS

Virtual Concierge

chocoli30 Gold 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

HOw many people use the Virtual Concierge service and do you always get what you request?  I just recently recieved an email about my upcoming stay.  At the Bethesda Marriott in Maryland.  It had a link that says explore your options,  once I clicked on that then the Vietual Concierge pops up and you can make request like miini fridge you can also type a request in the comnents like early checkin or whatever.  After I made my request I received a personal email from the  manager stating she recieved my request and is looking forward to my stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Virtual Concierge
    stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I use this for many stays to ensure I have what I need in the room when I arrive, like a few extra pillows, fridge, etc. Just makes things easier when you show up and don't need to call housekeeping. I find this to be a very useful servie

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I have used it on several occasions and it has been helpful and responsive.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

It is a great feature. I used it at the JW Marriott on O'ahu, sadly no longer a Marriott property and is becoming a Four Seasons, but anyway, I was able to set up not only an amazing private dinner on our lanai and made all menu and wine selections beforehand, I was able to set up drinks and snacks as well and they were in the room when I checked in. It was fantastic.

Platinum 28 Reviews

ANOTHER STEP FORWARD REMOVING THE NECESSITY OF HUMAN INTERACTION IN OUR LIVES.

Sometime in the future  when a large hotel chain has a total of 5 employees, a guest will show up at a hotel and discover that the computer running the place has crashed and you will be sleeping in a tent in the park across the street!

Communication with a human will be impossible if 2 of the five employees are out with the flu and the remaining 3 are at dinner.

I have commented previously that this is a generational situation.  You "youngins" just hate talking to people!  My daughter doesn't even realize that the device that runs her life from Apple actually has phone capabilities........

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

A dear friend of my parents would always say to us, "I am not the Pepsi generation," whenever we kids talked about new innovations and the future. 

chocoli30 Gold 6 Reviews

@misterchk True story!!  When texting first came out I thought that was the dumbest thing. I said people need to talk.   Then my 74 year old father in law starting texting before me.  That was the last time I fought the system.  lol

Platinum 28 Reviews

chocoli30

One of the constants in life (seems like an oxymoron) is CHANGE! 

I text - but not by choice, by necessity.  If I want to communicate with 75% of my acquaintances under 45 years of age I have to!.

On the other hand I have spent my life as kind of a salesman - trying to sell my ideas to banks, investors, etc.....can you imagine trying to that by texts!

I also would not be happy with remaining silent (even though I have a reputation of being silent ) Everyone thinks I'm "whacko" anyway - so I can't change the way I've been living for the last (almost) 70 years!

I am convinced (although none of us will be here to find out) that the "the use it or lose it" adage will be applied to vocal cords and eventually humans will be born without them!!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I just completed a stay at the Toronto Renaissance. I had used the virtual concierge to request a make-up mirror and a room upgrade.  Got the upgrade but no mirror.

Platinum 28 Reviews

muppetwrangler   a simple explanation - a computer never looks in a mirror.  Consequently the item was never programmed in it's date base

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...