39 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2015 11:36 AM by foxglove RSS

Celebratory greetings!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Birthday greetings go out today to jerrycoin -- as well as yours truly. In fact, I just changed my Insider profile age range to reflect a new decade. Also, a "Happy Anniversary!" today to madmax. (We miss you, max.)

Here's what Mrs. Fox surprised me with this AM. (After a decade+ of heavy use, the old CharBroil had almost burned through the bottom of the kettle.) This baby will be put into action this weekend when I smoke a couple of salmon flanks for a big 6-0 wingding.

DSCF4310.JPG

Table down...

DSCF4313.JPG

...and up. Also, a new chimney charcoal starter.

DSCF4316.JPG

Removable circular center grill insert for adjusting direct-heat fire:

DSCF4341.JPG

Removable charcoal baskets for indirect-heat grilling and smoking:

DSCF4326.JPG

Happy holidays, Insiders, and happy cooking!

• Re: Celebratory greetings!
    Platinum 28 Reviews

foxglove

jerrycoin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  to the two young men that I follow.

Unfortunately you are catching up with me in physical years but I  still beat you guys by retaining my maturity level at 14 years.

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HAVE MANY MANY MORE

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks, misterchk! Your youthful zeal is an inspiration for us all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

Happy Birthday to two classy gentlemen foxglove & jerrycoin!!

Thank you, 77paris.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

my sentiments  as well to both of you . Enjoy your day

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Happiest of birthdays, foxglove and jerrycoin!  The only thing your picture is missing is a good 6-pack of Terrapin!

Shoot! I didn't think of that. But there'll be plenty at the party Saturday night! Thanks, jakeal!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

foxglove,

Thank's a lot!

Having a great day already, and you "Surprise" me with this good cheer!

Congratulations, and Happy Birthday to you as well!

Thanks, jerrycoin. I'll hoist a "happy birthday" medicinal in your honor this evening.

By the way, I'm still working on that group 12/3 party for you, me, Julianne Moore, and Daryl Hannah. Oh, yeah, and Ozzy.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I can only repeat the post from misterchk     

foxglove

jerrycoin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  to the two young men that I follow.

I  still have 15 years on you guys.  I still  beat you guys by retaining my maturity level at 14 years, just like

misterchk.  My wife would probably disagree and might suggest that 12 is more accurate.  

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HAVE MANY MANY MORE

Platinum 28 Reviews

phctourist

I was flattering myself - those that know me best say the maturity level of a 14 year old is when I am behaving on a good day.......probably is much lower on an average day.

Thanks, phctourist. (It's all just numbers, anyway.)

AZDesertRat Platinum

foxglove

Would  love to see you in action with that new grill and to enjoy the results.  Many thanks for the great illustrated travel reports and we look forward to many more

Wishing both you and jerrycoin the happiest of birthdays!

Thank you, AZDesertRat. There will definitely be some photos taken of the results of the first go with the grill.

(I originally wrote food p - o - r - n rather than photos, but the auto censor wouldn't go for it. It's such a prude.)

Message was edited by: foxglove

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Happiest of Birthdays to you both foxglove & jerrycoin!!

Thank you, carat.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Happy Birthday foxglove and jerrycoin!  Celebrate well and have a great year!

Thanks, pluto77. Celebrating's never a problem in December. The "birthday season" begins on Thanksgiving and runs to January 2nd.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'll raise a glass to a couple of the nicest Insiders I know. It's nice to have an excuse (not that I need one, right IAHFLYR ).

And I'll raise one right backatcha. Thanks, BE.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENTLEMEN!!!!!  Sorry for the belated wishes, but I was trying out some new "prescribed meds" and found I liked one of them very much.

Wishing you (jerrycoin and foxglove) both a wonderful year ahead and many years of happy grilling.

Mrs. Foxglove sure provided a splendid rig there.  I do love me some Weber products alright, ahhh huh!!  And when in Chicago you must dine at the Weber Grill in honor of your new birthday gift,

P1010920.JPG

Enjoy your Salmon smoking and many more delightful eats.....From one Weber griller to another....congrats.

Thanks, IAHFLYR. I'm looking forward to firin' that bad boy up come tomorrow, although even as a charcoal grill, it's a lot more high-tech than I'm used to. (Integrated thermometer and one touch cleaning? Yeah, I think I can get used to that.)

I really liked the Weber ad from a couple of years ago that featured ordinary folks dancing around their grills with their mitts and utensils -- I'm gonna  be bustin' some moves tomorrow!

foxglove & The specified item was not found. Please stop with the Webers.  I cannot use mine for at least a few months.  One thing I do hate about winter is that grilling is not easy.  On top of that I'm on a very restricted diet for a while and can't eat most of what I do on the grill.  I hope to be back in action by spring.

phctourist,

Sorry that you cannot enjoy the finer things of grilling however; us'ns in the south can grill all year long and would be happy to send you some of the flavors  even if it is only the scrappins from the grates!!!

I actually have been known to grill in the rain and yes even below freezing temps that we get once or twice a year here in North Houston, so you can do it too.  Hope you get well soon to enjoy some good ole grilled foods.

Thanks, phctourist. Here's hoping for an early spring and a quick return to full, grill-ready health!

foxglove you best be outside right now practicin your "bustin some moves" in private before the paying customers show up.  You don't want to be the warm up band!

Platinum 28 Reviews

Thought I would let everyone know that Monday, December 7th is my "half birthday" - I am registered for gifts at both Bank of America and Wells Fargo -.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

misterchk, thank you for that important public service announcement. It's nothing less than we've come to expect from you.  In case I get busy and forget, Happy Half Birthday.

sorry, but neither bank has a misterchk listed on their registries.  A nearby Post Office, however, does have a picture on the wall that suspiciously resembles you.  On the picture is an alias misterchk.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Let's keep that picture you saw in the Post Office between you and me.

Right next to your picture is mine, but people never see mine as they're focused on you!

Too late to make it a DM!  It looked sort of like a dog wearing glasses!

Platinum 28 Reviews

"A dog wearing glasses" ?   Don't know who you are referring to - unless that was a picture of IAHFLYR you were confusing with me! 

A dog wearing glasses - never have I seen something that stupid

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Happy birthdays* to both of you, foxglove and jerrycoin and enjoy all the combined birthday and Christmas presents that come from tightfisted friends and family members to all those fortunate to be born in December!

*This birthday greeting also applies to Christmas too (that's 2 off the list!)

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

Well  a very happy birthday to you. Took my team to our quarterly strategy session at the Victoria & Albert, Manchester last week. If Renaissance Manchester could get a refurb there would be some nice Marriott competition in your home town.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I've only ever attended meetings at the Ren, never stayed but it certainly looked me in need of a spruce up. Those I know who have stayed say its a straightforward hotel. but tired in places. That suggests to me its not really competing with the V&A

The combined gift -- the bane of Sagittarians everywhere. Thanks, brightlybob. (And that "thanks" applies to both greetings as well.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...