12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2017 9:02 AM by jetscream RSS

Contact for Complaint when Customer Care doesn't help

blessed77 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know who you contact if you have an issue with  hotel management? I contacted customer care & they sided with the manager but I don't believe that a manager at any level should be allowed to threaten a guest. The manager at the hotel Manager at the Marriott threatened my family members employment, and  used an unprofessional tone.  I think everyone should be treated with respect no matter what the situation and I am being financially penalized for their employees mistake. Please someone tell me how to get in touch with corporate I have been looking on their website but don't know who to contact.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Contact for Complaint when Customer Care doesn't help
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to the Insiders Community, blessed77!  This is a great place to share your travel knowledge and experiences.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, like above, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.  

In regards to your post, I'd like to see if I can provide any additional clarity.  Can you send me a private message with some details around the experience you're referring to as well as your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ludwigryan69 Member

First off Carat, love the name! but secondly I have a matter at hand that I need to get resolved and being on the phone for an hour and a half, along with talking to 4 Marriott employees that all asked the same questions which were so soon to transfer me to someone else. Hence, talking to so many people in that time which led me absolutely nowhere but here trying to contact someone that wont pawn me off on someone else, or someone that wont call me a complete liar and try and belittle me.. Lets hope this is the place because frustration set in about 45 min ago..

Long story short as possible, 5 years ago I stayed at Marriott West Des Moines, Iowa. Jordan Creek Parkway. Being I can actually see the hotel from my bedroom window doesn't find me staying there much, but my best friend was getting married and had the reception at the Marriott that night. Which rooms were purchased so no one drove. we got to our room late, around 2:30 a.m. to a seriously foul odor. talked to the lady at the front desk. Employees confirmed, but since so much was going on then the hotel was booked. we didn't get to upset about it. Although the front desk clerk wanted to make it right with me so she offered 2 free nights. Gladly accepted and after giving my info she said I would have the coupons in a week or two. Not thinking of it or where the coupons where because I haven't needed a hotel since, and now do it reminded me that I have to 2 free nights.Called Minneapolis and asked if I could use them there. They told me I could only use them at the marriott I got them from. Why would I accept that repayment if I knew I had to stay at the same hotel that's a block away from my personal home??? So I got transferred to customer support which was supposedly who could figure this out and make a decision for me.. Well she couldn't do any of that so she transferred me, ect, finally to the G.M. of the West Des Moines location. She said there was no way of looking it up because it had been so long and basically I was out of luck. Well I explained to her that it most definitely was not my job to make sure the coupons got to me and since they didn't, I guess she thought it was my fault,  I should've remembered the lady who presented me with the 2 free nights along with her name and appearance. So once I answered to the best of my knowledge she basically explained to me that it didn't even matter because whoever she was didn't work there anymore and at this time, now, 5 years later the coupon isn't valid. I explained to her that the lady at the desk never mentioned anything about an expiration date. She replied, and I quote, "Oh, there's no expiration date on our free nights, but since you don't have the coupon, and I cant look at records that far back, you won't be redeemed the nights. Sorry, go ahead and file a complaint with our customer support" (which in the end she would not transfer me to them, nor tell me the franchisee of the location even though I told her that's public information, I can just look it up. She replied "Ya, so look it up. I'm not going to tell you who it is. What? so I make it easier for you to get a hold of my bosses that are just going to yell at me? Don't think so, look it up.") So basically what she had just told me is that if the Marriott fails to send out dues owed to me, it's my obligation to for see this and get the clerks full information who gave me the nights, when I realize they aren't in the mail box or email I should've called to see what was going on, and also, known SOMEHOW that if the Marriott doesn't send em, then you need to figure it out on your own.... And use the nights within the fabricated amount of time (under 5 yrs, I guess??) THAT'S POSTED ON MY COUPON THAT I NEVER RECEIVED, which as the G.M. told me there is no expiration date on free nights. So basically IF and WHEN Marriott follows through with their word there is no expiration date, but if you don't get the cards, apparently you cannot use the vouchers after 5 years. then she tells me I'm going in circles and I don't know what I'm talking about and I wasn't going to get anything from her. Not only did she not attempt to maybe look for my information a little harder. She very explicitly let me know she was not going to be any help to me. That's when I asked for the Franchisee's name, which she wouldn't give me and told me she was done talking to me and again, told me to file a complaint and said "I'm hanging up now" before I could ask again for the customer complaint center she had already hung up. I'm sorry, but I am NOT lying when I say that she had me completely shocked and definitely gave me the WORST experience in dealing with a situation like this. And you can go back to all the ladies I spoke to and each one of them will tell you, after realizing and understanding franchises, I suggested maybe 30-50% off my room in Minneapolis for 1 NIGHT,, and was completely fine with that, on top of dismissing the 2 nights if i was given ANYTHING for my Minneapolis stay. A measly 30-40% off 1 night instead of 2 free. However, Not one person put even a inch of effort into helping, or coming to a reasonable agreement with me! Please, I very much so would like to talk to someone that will indeed take care of the general manager at the Marriott with serious consequences. That G.M. is the face of the Marriott company that just treated another human being like an idiot, and that face also lost my business and all my families and friends.  This simple task of booking a room with the Marriott has now taken almost 3 hours of my time that haven't been the best. Honestly, I really don't even care about the 2 nights at all anymore. I only want to speak to someone that will actually take some action at this, what seems to be, a seriously misguided company.

Carat, I'm sorry you are the one that has to read and deal with this. Believe me, it's a headache! So nothing at all against you, please just do your best to take action with the G.M. and get back to me. That, I would appreciate. Thanks for your time.

Ryan N. Ludwig

Hi ludwigryan69.  I'd like to apologize for the frustration this situation has caused, as it doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.  I'd also, I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number? 

ludwigryan69 Member

Hi Carat,

I found where to send you a private message, however, It won't let me send it for some reason. Could you direct me through sending you my rewards # please? Thanks.

Ryan N. Ludwig

Hi ludwigryan69I've gone ahead and sent you a private message.  At this point, you are all set to send direct messages.  Talk soon!

ab9 Member

Hello Carat I am trying to direct message you about a complaint but it will not allow me to.

Thanks for reaching out, ab9.  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

HOW did I miss Ludwigs rant? Just look at it! Let me dust off the RANT-O-METER(SM) (whatever SM means)... A tweak here and a pump there, add the gas... And fire it up... Woohoo - started in one...

Rant title - None, piggybacking off another complaint, shouts nothing on the big board so gets nothing - 0/10
        Rant use of "I'm a X year Elite" - No status claims so another fat zero here, is this really a rant? - 0/10
        Rant detail - Oh, yeah, so much detail going back 5 years - now this is more like it - 8/10
        Rant excessive capitalisation - As our ranter gets into it the CAPITALISATION, increases... Nice - 7/10
        Rant excessive punctuation - Only a single row of question marks, could do better - 2/10
        Rant use of annoyed emoticons - Red steaming faces always perk up a good rant, none here so - 0/10
        Rant use of "never again" - Doesn't care about compensation any more, strongly suggesting never - 6/10
        Rant presentation - That enormous non-stop paragraph, with a neat line of capitalisation SHOUTS out to crack open the popcorn. Presents 100% as the rant it is - 10/10
        Rant style - Oh, yeah, almost unreadable, the start at 5 years ago is almost as off-putting as the enormous non-stop paragraph that just doesn't end... Really, who will read all this? I couldn't, it made me bozz-eyed... Excellent - 10/10
        Rant likelihood of one-and-done - Does anyone believe this ranter will return... Not I - 10/10

Starts off discouragingly but builds to 3 consecutive 10/10's at the end - that's a proper rant folks... Enjoy, if you're not driven completely cross eyed by that enormous middle paragraph!

loveissimple Silver

Hi Carat, could you please let me know how to inbox you? Thank you :-)

Hi loveissimple.  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to start the conversation.  Please let me know if you have not received it.

latikavarma Silver

Hi Carat,

I have just sent you a DM. Please let me know if you did not recieve it

Thank you!!

Aditi

jetscream Platinum

Dear Carat,

I've attempted to send you a DM and was not able. Please could you assist me as well? Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...