0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2015 11:01 PM by homoviator RSS

Milan Moxy, A Zen Respite

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Staying at the Moxy Milan is the perfect break to either recover from jetlag or to pull yourself together before getting on a long flight back home.  Located at Terminal 2 at Milan Malpensa, the glowing neon Moxy sign is like a beacon for a weary traveller. You can walk from the terminal to the hotel in about 3 minutes or less awkwardly across a parking lot  For an airport hotel, it has one of the lively lobbies I’ve experienced, in part because the bar is located just behind the check-in desks and in an open, inviting space.  The nights I stayed, the party went on well past midnight and everybody seemed particularly engaging with a mostly an American clientele (very different from the AC hotels in Europe I’ve visited).  The party was lively and I didn’t want to leave, but I had either an early flight to catch in the morning or I was arriving on a late flight. But this isn’t a place to stay for more than a night unless you have nearby business.   

The open concept of the lobby has different spaces depending on your needs from small nooks for two to long tables that seat at least twelve.  Different contemporary colors and designs make each area feel unique and in the mornings, the tables became full with people getting their day started with a light breakfast (additional cost) and sending off some morning emails.

The rooms function well if you are on business or travelling with another adult. They only have rooms with one queen bed, so be aware.  The larger Premium/Family Room work better for a small family (as a whole, this isn't particularly a family friendly hotel, but it works for moving the family in and out of the airport well). They have a queen bed and foldout sofa. They had the sofa folded out and made into a bed when we arrived, which was a nice touch.   Also, I wouldn’t count on a great upgrade if you are a medallion member given that they seem to be filled most nights. The beds are queens and rooms are small for American’s expectations, so if there are more than two of you or you aren’t that close with your companion, plan accordingly. Nonetheless, the rooms have all you need for an overnight stay before or after a flight.

Amenities beyond a bed, shower and an engaging bar are slim especially if being pampered is your thing. This is no Ritz Carlton. The front desk is often busy and you will rarely talk to anybody from the hotel unless you are checking in or out.  Even breakfast is mostly on your own. You pick up what you want and tell them as you go to sit down. But for me, this suits me just fine. If this is how you roll, you will probably love it here. If you want room service and a bellhop, then head into town and check out the Boscolo Milano, Autograph Collection. But anytime I’m in Milan, you’ll find me at the Moxy. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
milan
Moxy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...