4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2015 12:03 AM by nmballoonist RSS

Atlanta Marriott Marquis - Street Parking in close proximity

albertf Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, we plan to stay at the above hotel over a long weekend. Are there street parking within close proximity to the hotel so we can avoid the US$35 hotel parking per day? Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Atlanta Airport Marriott
  • Re: Atlanta Marriott Marquis - Street Parking in close proximity
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

There are a number of surface lots in the vicinity as well as other parking garages, some of which allow overnight parking. Most will run ~$20/day and it's simply a matter of hunting for a spot. Another option, if you're not planning to use the vehicle during the stay, may be to use MARTA's long-term parking and take MARTA to the Marquis ($2.50 fare one way). I know the North Springs, Sandy Springs, and Dunwoody Stations on the North Line (close to GA 400) have designated long-term parking lots, as well as Doraville and Brookhaven on the Northeast Line (close to I-85). Rates are $8/day for North Springs and Doraville; the rest are $5/day. Both lines make stops at the Peachtree Center Station, which is a 3-minute walk from the Marquis. You can walk to the hotel on the street, or if you don’t want to walk outside, you can exit the station into the Peachtree Center mall and follow the signs to the skybridge connection to the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

albertf Gold

Thanks for the detailed tips. I was hoping there will be street parking available that is free on weekends/public holidays so as to save on parking cost, yet reasonable convenient to get access to the car. We did this in a few other Marriott hotels.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Surface lot parking is usually more readily available on weekends, but it won't be free, though rates are usually lower than weekday rates. And most lots have no in/out privileges -- you pay every time you drive out of the lot, with no guarantee there'll be a spot there on your return. We live about 90 minutes from downtown Atlanta, which means our trips there are always day trips, so MARTA works great for us. But in all honesty, if I were planning a trip such as yours, I'd bite the bullet and pay the hotel's rate -- it's hard to put a price on security and peace of mind. Enjoy the stay!

nmballoonist Platinum

I think that the hours parking is enforced varies by area in Atlanta.  Where we frequent near our GaTech daughter's apartment, parking in enforced from 7 AM - 10 PM Monday - Saturday with a 4 hour limit on meter.  Holidays are exempt.  Some public parking garages in the area are around $15 a day.  I would agree with Foxglove and bite the bullet and pay the hotel.  We stay at the JW in Buckhead and pay the $24 a day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...