82 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2016 12:36 PM by 7 RSS

HH is now matching status

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/11/hilton-status-through-march-2017/

Or at least that is what The Points Guy says...I guess I will give it a try.  Sometimes I end up at Hilton properties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: HH is now matching status
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

One of the respondents to the article who is Marriott Platinum stated that Hilton gave him Gold Status with a "fast track to Diamond" if he stayed 21 nights in 90 days.

I have one Hilton stay scheduled for next year, I may go ahead and submit a request and see what happens.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It is worth a try.  I am Gold with Hilton and have been upgraded more than as a platinum with Marriott.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I just got my Hilton Diamond match to my Marriott Platinum yesterday, after sending in the required documents

dmcannon Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm Platinum (lifetime, as well) and applied at about 9:00 this morning...and got my Diamond upgrade with Hilton only about four hours later. Not sure what issues the Platinum you referred to in your post might have encountered, but I had no difficulties whatsoever. Now, all that remains to be seen is if I will take advantage of that new status; it really depends on where I wind up travelling to this next year, I suppose, and if they have Marriott facilities.

dmcannon,

Hilton is definitely processing these requests much quicker now.  I submitted my request Thanksgiving weekend right after the news came out that Hilton was status matching.  At that time they got flooded with requests and the process took a bit longer.

Jsucool76 Gold

Hilton gold is somewhat the "meat and potatoes" of hilton, like gold is more marriott. Free breakfast, but no guaranteed lounge access, that is where marriott has them beat. I have free gold from the amex platinum card, and after hyatt telling me to go "kick rocks" I'm meh.

I just got an email from HHonors giving me Diamond Status at Hilton through March 31, 2017.  This should come in handy next time UA strands me overnight at ORD

Platinum 28 Reviews

clebert

What process did you follow and what documents do they want to request?

misterchk, I emailed a message to HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com on 11/29/15 and put this:

Hello!

The Points Guy tells me that Hilton is matching status for guests with top tier status in competing hotel programs.  If that is the case, I am platinum elite at Marriott and would love to receive a status match at Hilton HHonors, please.  My home office is connected to a Hilton property, and I would stay there if I had status with Hilton!

My HHonors number is: [the number]

[My name and address]

[A screenshot of my Marriott Rewards account number, status, name, etc. from off of the Marriott.com page]

My firm's home office has a top-shelf Hilton property, the Marquette Hotel in Minneapolis, in the same office building.  I used to stay there but stopped because I didn't have status at Hilton.  So even though I will still maintain my primary loyalty to Marriott and still use the Hotel Minneapolis (which I really love, but the location is not as convenient to my office) when rates are competitive, it will be nice to have status at the Marquette.  Plus, all the other places where Marriott doesn't have a presence which are fairly frequent in small town America (Kalispell, MT, comes to mind where we tried to find a Marriott but could only find a Garden Inn.).

Hilton responded in less than a week.

I am still waiting for Hyatt's response, and I sent that request on 11/21/15.  I've heard they are only matching top tier at SPG, but that is NOT what their initial offer said.  So if they really are not matching status for MR people, I will have words for them

Platinum 28 Reviews

clebert  merci beaucoup mon ami

misterchk, de nada (I got a D in French).  By the way, I saw some pictures of you on the Internet today...12079526_1818120971544287_7206468686950059628_n[1].jpg

Platinum 28 Reviews

You are mistaken clebert - you didn't look at the pictures in detail - that's my brother!!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

When talking about ORD, delays are almost a certainty. In winter its a given

It took about a week but Hilton gave me Diamond Status after I sent them a screenshot of my Marriott Platinum Status.

Platinum 28 Reviews

vaboywnder  add to that you are prettier and younger than me, best case scenario will be to receive "wood elite"

ramoneur Platinum

you don't have wood?

yosof Platinum 1 Reviews

Received Diamond status match within 3 days (sent screenshot of awards page) and have been staying with Hilton (had Gold status included with Founders Card.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

UPDATE:  Emailed necessary verification of Platinum Elite Status to Hitlon at Noon yesterday.   This morning received email advising I have been granted Diamond Elite Status until March 2017.

justincfreem Platinum

Just might have to switch my back up from IHG to Hilton, given they will match the status.   

yager.ej. Platinum

I use IHG as my backup as well. I got their credit card (60,000 points for signup) and have Platinum status with them because of the card.  Seems worth it.  I had used Hilton in the past, but had issues on calls for help to their customer service.  I can't support people who were openly hostile to me when making a simple request.

achmedn Silver

I am normally a silver Marriott member, but a few weeks ago I was upgraded to Gold for 3 months. Having seen this post I asked HH to match my status and within a few hours I got a response that this was honored.

So strange situation. I do not travel enough to reach Gold at my favorite chain Marriott, but now I am gold at both Marriott and Hilton. And Marriott only for one more month but Hilton until March 2017. So thanks to the generosity of Marriott and the information on this site, I am now a Hilton Gold member. So it looks tempting to switch to Hilton, although I still prefer Marriott properties and in my destinations Marriott has far more options. Hopefully Marriott will also have a match status promotion in the future, so I can match my HH status.

Platinum 28 Reviews

achmedn  (Cannot recall a morning when I have welcomed so many new members to our forum)

Welcome!  I usually issue a warning to new members not to get too close - I'm the resident trouble maker, in addition to very obnoxious and sarcastic at times (okay - most of the time)

Now as to your experience and plans (Marriott or Hilton):

This is where some of us are in an enviable position as we are Lifetime Plats - consequently not under the pressures to maintain status - simply put: it's been a long time since my last overnight at a Hilton.  I'm thinking I might be a guest of their's soon.

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Agree.  Being a Lifetime Plat myself, I have been looking at opportunities to branch out.  Diamond status at HH is worth a try.

I will say that at many Marriott properties I have been getting upgraded more when I check in online the day before.  YMMM.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

clebert, thank you for posting this information. I followed your instructions exactly, and was granted a platinum status match within the same day with HHonors. Not sure what I'll do with it, being a Marriott loyalist who usually has to stay focused every year just to maintain Marriott gold (though the newly instituted "Fab Four" will now take care of that), but it's nice to know that next year I'll have more options, especially where there are no Marriotts, or where Marriott franchises are doing poorly in maintaining the Marriott standard.

Platinum 28 Reviews

clebert

pluto77

Considering the speed at which Hilton is processing these requests it appears they have set up the necessary bureaucracy to draw into the Hilton "fold" as many of their competitor's customers as possible (those qualifying of course).

The only communication I have received from Hyatt was an automated message advising they have received the request and they would respond in 14 days.

Have you, or have your heard, of anyone being matched status by any other chain?

Platinum 28 Reviews

clebert

pluto77

Just heard from Hyatt - doesn't seem they are as gracious as Hilton.  The gave me Platinum Elite which seems to have similar benefits to Marriott Silver - To get into their lounges it seems that you need to be Diamond as no where does it mention that as a benefit as a Hyatt Platinu-im.

I will carry the membership card in case of an emergency, but don't think I'll be staying very often.

DURING THE WRITING OF THIS MESSAGE UPDATE:

Just received another email from Hyatt advising that IF I send them proof that I stayed for 20 paid nights in Marriott's this year they would award Diamond.  I sent them the "rock star" email that showed I visited 23 cities with overnights in 28 different properties in 2015 - if that doesn't get me Diamond they can keep their hotels and not bother me anymore.

misterchk,

Let us know if you are successful at getting Hyatt Diamond with your proof of 20 plus paid Marriott nights.  When Hyatt initially started the status matching campaign on twitter they responded to my inquiry with the following:

"Hello! I am sorry for the delay. We are only offering Diamond status to SPG Platinum members. SPG Gold, Hilton, Marriott, and IHG (any level) would match to Platinum membership status. Please email a screenshot of your activity page with a competitor (with 1 eligible stay this year) to goldpassport@hyatt.com."

Platinum 28 Reviews

vaboywnder

Will do!  Here is the paragraph from the email they sent advising me that they gave me Plat but not Diamond:

"....... In order to match to Hyatt Diamond, you can submit information showing your Platinum status with Starwood   

Preferred Guest, showing at least 20 nights in the last year." (I'm assuming they meant Marriott although they mentioned Starwood)

misterchk, I didn't get any follow ups from Hyatt after their email  telling me I already had platinum and that was good enough.  I might contact them again and ask why they bothered to promote status matches on their Twitter account if they had no intention to match anything but SPG status. 

Platinum 28 Reviews

clebert

I posted on another discussion about not getting Diamond from Hyatt.  

I reminded the individual we all got Diamond from Hilton -  many of us are fighting to maintain a level with Marriott and now many of us have top status with two chains.

You know as well as I do that it is not going to be easy to keep two chains happy (as to status).  Some of us are very lucky (my situation) that I am already a Lifetime Platinum so I don't have to keep our friends at Marriott happy anymore.

agentsupergrl Member

Hi-

Sorry if this is a simple question....as I am currently deciding what hotel chain I want to commit to in 2016.  I was Platinum with SPG in 2015, Gold with Hilton-2015/16, and am contemplating focusing on Marriott for 2016.  I am short 2 nights to make Marriott Silver in 2015---Will Marriott Rewards match my SPG-platinum or HH-gold moving into 2016? Any help is much appreciated!

Platinum 28 Reviews

agentsupergrl

I would commit to the chain that currently gives me the most benefits and/or the chain where I have the best chance to advance to a higher level.

Like the majority of contributors on this site I have been committed to Marriott (for the past 15 years).  Consequently if asked what is my preference it would probably be a Marriott branded property.  That opinion, though, is based on familiarity and resistance to change

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi agentsupergrl,

Welcome to the Insiders Community! As you may have already seen, this is a great forum to share your travel experiences and recommendations.  I am one of the moderators here along with carat and lindseyh.   If you ever have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I have included the link for our Getting Started Guide below, if you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, Marriott does not status match other programs, but we do offer status challenges, depending on your current status. 

If you would like, I can take a deeper look into this for you and see what challenge would work best.  Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and I will have our team check this for you. Thanks!

Just submitted my request, lets see what happens.

So I submitted my request to HHonors, and received the auto reply with a thanks.  I thought that I may get a formal reply Monday or Tuesday since it was not a business day.  Surprise surprise, 7 hours later I received a confirmation email that I was now HHonors Diamond matching my Platinum status at Marriott.  I have to say I was impressed.

I have one or two trips before the end of the year and will try them out.

Platinum 28 Reviews

boldie24  a welcome from me to the forum.  I'm sure others have already greeted you, but today is the first time we have crossed paths. - as long as you agree with me a minimum of 75% of the time I will consider you a friend.  If you don't - well - I guess you will find yourself with the majority -

Platinum 28 Reviews

Are we all going to find the Hilton insider's site and infiltrate? 

Always wanted to go "undercover"!

ramoneur Platinum

sounds like a good idea!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

change to mischief chk

Platinum 28 Reviews

Thank you for the title - but don't really think I'm worthy of it!!!    

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Thank s for the info Just sent my request in would be great for me as Marriott don't cover all the areas I tour

Platinum 28 Reviews

Hilton announced today (in my imagination) that to speed the "status matching" process the only proof required is the absence of a "death certificate" filed with your name on it! 

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

14 replies on one thread, this is an easy, if hard-on-the-index-finger contract

chris.s Gold

Upon request, I was quickly given Gold status with Hilton to match my Marriott Gold membership, I had only been a HH Silver member based on one stay per month in a city without a Marriott property.  That said, I'm not really sure what extra benefit HH Gold gives me that Silver didn't?  Doesn't look like much, but as others have pointed out, it didn't cost me anything so why not.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Wow what a quick turnaround status upgraded to diamond today

I finally heard back from Hyatt.  Despite Hyatt's social media representations to match status, Hyatt did not match my top tier Marriott status.  Instead Hyatt told me the best they could do was platinum status which I already had with Hyatt (mid-level status and no CL access).  So, I'm going on record to say that this is a big black eye for Hyatt and a truly unacceptable PR move.  So I'm sticking with Marriott and in cases where it makes sense, Hilton.

freeway Platinum

Thank you all for the tip on this!  I just discovered this forum yesterday!  I submitted request to HH last night, and this morning received my Diamond status through March 2017!  I will stay a Platinum Marriott loyal, but when I can't find a property with Marriott, hello Hilton!  Thanks everyone!!!

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Hilton matched my gold status....

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I am now Diamond with Hilton.  Thanks to this post.  It took a couple of hours.  I had a little problem copying Marriott's logo to send.  Wonder if Marriott is trying to stop this?

Platinum 28 Reviews

californian

With millions of members it would simply cost them too much time and money to stop it.

I also have actual knowledge of friends with Elite Status at Hilton and Hyatt that have requested and received matching status with MR

happy2016 Platinum

I'm a newcomer as of 10 min ago and stumbled upon this chain......lots of notes.....not sure where to begin to make my request.  I just obtained Marriot Platinum and currently spending week at a Hyatt because Marriotts were booked.  So....can you advise what needs to be done to request upgrade at Hilton and Hyatt?  Thanks in advance!

Platinum 28 Reviews

happy2016

Firstly let me welcome you aboard - secondly, I get the feeling (as to your "handle") that you are only planning to be with us for one year

If we keep you out of jail and in Marriott bedding will you be changing your name to a later date?

richie_the_c Platinum 2 Reviews

I Just got Hilton Diamond status too.

t75jwk1 Platinum 1 Reviews

Only took 2 hours for me to get Diamond - thanks for the great tip!!!

Platinum 28 Reviews

For those interested just posted letter from Hyatt on my "thoughts of an old guy blog" WHAT IS MORE VALUABLE ....

chase Platinum 14 Reviews

Thanks for the advise on this.  I got a response back in less than an hour and was given Diamond Status!

307902270 Platinum 10 Reviews

I hadn't received any communication from Hilton regarding my submission, so I called them--apparently I too was approved for Diamond status the same day as well, however, the representative didn't notify me.  Marriott is my first choice, where there is no Marriott property near to my destination I will choose a Hilton property.

curiousone Platinum

Just got my diamond status match, good until Mar 31 2017. I may have to try it out at the new Hilton Garden Inn that is a just completed conversion of the old Valley Bank building.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Is there anyone out there that was TURNED DOWN by Hilton.   Or does anyone out there know of anyone that Hilton didn't want?

I think there is going to be a long line of all the Diamond Elite the next time we are in a Hilton!

curiousone Platinum

That is what I was thinking. I could imagine the response if Hilton had a web site like this.

allleisure Platinum

Arrgh, this is what I get for not visiting insiders more often.  I recently stayed at the Fess Parker Doubletree Resort in Santa Barbara and could have benefited with this perk.  Just sent the screenshot. Next Hilton visit will be better. Thanks for the heads-up.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

TThat's what this is all about, sharing info to improve our travel experiences

CtsVette Platinum

I just now took the time to submit my request to Hilton to match my Platinum status.  Within 5 minutes I got a reply stating I should receive an email within 5 days as to the matching status.

Message was edited by: CtsVette  I just received an email from Hilton matching my Marriott Platinum status with their Hilton Platinum.  Thanks for the info in getting this done.

Hilton Diamond status NOT Hilton Platinum.  My bad. 

Message was edited by: CtsVette

Well, I am trying out my new HHonors Diamond Status at the Waldorf Astoria in Key West in a few days.  Marriott wanted $799 for the FS property, so no thank you to that.  I guess Key West is a hot Christmas/New Years destination, so prices are very high.  The FFI and CY weren't much better at $459 - $599 a night.  Plus, Spouse refuses to stay at a property that is not FS, no matter how nice.  Even though the FFIs in Key West have pool bars with food service, Spouse was not impressed.  So here we come Waldorf Astoria.  We shall see how it feels to be a Diamond HHonors member.  More to follow...