9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2016 10:13 AM by fschumpert RSS

Seattle 25th Ann. Hotel Help!!!

texkorte Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I am hoping that  you can help us figure out what areas of Seattle are the best area to look for a Marriott to stay in Seattle, WA for our 25th Anniversary.  There are a lot available it will be in a couple weeks and I have driven myself crazy reading all different pages on Seattle trying to figure out best place to stay or most romantic views but I just got more confused.  Any help or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.  If you have any must see or do tips would be greatly appreciated too as we are spliting our time between Vancouver, Victoria and Seattle.  Thank you again for any guidance anyone can give.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington Area any Marriott hotel
  • Re: Seattle 25th Ann. Hotel Help!!!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The one and only place to stay in my opinion and a few others here on Insiders is the beautiful and perfectly located Downtown Seattle Hotels | Hotels Near Pike Place Market.  Quite a few Insiders (jerrycoin, pluto77, kharada46 to name a few) have stayed there and love it as much as we do. 

At the moment I do not have the time to give more information on the hotel nor things to do or see in Seattle other than to say it is a wonderful spot to spend time and Happy 25th.

I will return later today and attempt to give you some insights as I'm sure others will as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question for the community, texkorte!  And welcome to the Insiders Community!  As you may have seen already, this is a great place to share your travel experiences and recommendations.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh. Please feel free to reach out to any of us with any questions, we're always here to help.    I've included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, here are some threads you may find helpful in your planning.  One of our fellow Insiders, kharada46, was recently there and has written some excellent write-ups. 

Hotel Review: Seattle Marriott Waterfront

Seattle - Pike Place Market + Post Alley

Seattle Eat's - Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room + Serious Pie

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Here is a thread from one of our trips to Seattle from 2013.  So many fun and wonderful places to visit.

Great weekend Seattle Waterfront Hotel

If you're going in a few weeks and you enjoy being in the snow for a bit, Snoqualmie Pass 45 minutes east of downtown on I-90 is a must for a day trip.  They normally get just dumped on with snow and it's nice to just grab a beverage in the ski lodge.

SnoPass.jpgP9080043.JPGP9080044.JPG

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

texkorte,

Here are some recent blog entries that will provide you with information on Seattle Marriott lodging, Seattle/Vancouver activities and dining.  The Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel is really the best Marriott property for great romantic views, as well as centrally located for Seattle sightseeing.

When you make your reservation, feel free to engage the concierge there in advance and let them know it is a big anniversary trip.  With the importance of the occasion, combined with being in the off season, I'm sure they will give you the best room possible.  Tell them that your Marriott friends who love this hotel have raved about the suites with the wrap around balconies and views of Elliott Bay and are hoping that you might be able to get one.  I will private message you with an email address.  Pikes Market is a short walk from the hotel, and any time you don't feel like walking, a taxi will take you anywhere downtown for only $6-7 bucks.  Beats the cost of a rental car and $45/night parking fees.  You can easily take the light rail into town from the airport.

Hotel Review:  Seattle Marriott Waterfront

Seattle - Pike Place Market + Post Alley

Seattle Eat's - Spur Gastropub

Day Trip to Canada

Vancouver Eat's - Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar

Aviation Geek Heaven: Boeing Factory Tour + Future of Flight + Museum of Flight

Seattle Eat's - The Crab Pot

Seattle Eat's - Rachel's Ginger Beer

Seattle Eat's - Starbucks Reserve Roastery & Tasting Room + Serious Pie

Seattle - Chihuly Garden & Glass

A Weekend in Seattle Visiting Some Lesser Known Sights

Hidden Gems, Seattle, Washington

Happy anniversary!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thanks for the shoutout IAHFLYR, carat, and pluto77

texkorte, as everyone has state, the best Marriott to stay at in Seattle is the Seattle Marriott Waterfront.  There really aren't any options beyond that really, unless you go with another property. 

You looking to redeem points or pay cash for your stay?  If you pay cash, you could also look at Starwood properties since theoretically any SPG points you earn will turn into Marriott Rewards Points in a couple of years. 

The only other property on the water, though, is the Edgewater.  The Four Seasons has a great, convenient location right next to Pike Place Market. 

fizzypops Platinum 1 Reviews

Living in Portland, so a frequent visitor to Seattle for both work and pleasure. I've tried them all but the Renaissance on Madison is my favorite by a mile. The people who work there make the difference. The place has an identity and a soul that eludes the Waterfront Marriott. No contest in my opinion, but either way...cheers on the 25th anniversary!!

kagesan Platinum

Wish I would have seen your post earlier , as it appears your anniversary has come and gone.  I have stayed at both the waterfront marriot and the Renaissance.  The waterfront was a nice property and they upgradws me to a waterfront balcony room.  You can't beat their location for pikes market and the big wheel and waterfront.  with that being said, I would stay at the Renaissance Seattle every time.  Their property may be a bit newer but their entire staff provides world class service from the valet to the check in staff to the assistant manager following up with me when I had a special daddy-daughter weekend and put us in one of the nicer suites They have.  You can buy location but you can't buy the level of service the Renaissance staff consistently Provides.  I have it booked this friday to treat my wife to an overnighter.  It may not overlook the water, but having a nice beverage in their top floor lounge while overlooking the entire cityscape is absolutely fabulous.  I could go on but you get my point.  stay at the the Renaissance and take a taxi to the market. 

As far as Victoria and Vancouver go, I will also vouch for the inner harbor marriott in Victoria. It sits directly behind the empress hotel which sits on the waterfront.  Again, the hotel staff was impeccable and we were upgraded on an all points stay to a nice corner suite.  It is well within waking distance of the harbor front and the royal museum.  We still did high tea at the empress at my wife's insistence, but had far better views and room decor than the empress.

As far as Vancouver goes,  I have a personal anniversary tale.  We stayed at the pinnacle marriott and when the manager found out we were celebrating our anniversary, he put us in their top suite, provided a nice beverage in our room, and surprised us both with a rose petal turn down service, in addition to booking us dinner reservations on short notice and I believe he even briefed his staff on our event.  We had several employees wish us a happy anniversary after only learning our names.  The hotel is a short taxi from anywhere and was willing to let us remain parked at the hotel well past check out.  Hope that helped for anyone looking at the pacific northwest and marriott. There are some truly grand properties we are blessed with in our commuting area!

While I've never stayed at the Renaissance in our many visits to Seattle I will tell you that we get the same level of service at the Waterfront as you speak of the hotel up the hill.  They've always been so helpful when our trip coincides with a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary as well as assigning us our favorite room each time I call prior to our arrival.

Nothing against the Renaissance, just that the Waterfront also has service well beyond most properties. 

Enjoy your overnight stay this coming Friday.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Sounds like a wonderful 25th coming up!  I've been traveling to Pacific NW for some 30 years, and it's one of my most favorite places to visit. There are many places to stay, some of which have already been mentioned, and I've stayed at Marriott Renaissance in downtown Seattle as well.

However, you mentioned "romantic", and for this here are some of my recommendations - unless you only want to stay in Marriott properties, which might not be popular with "Insiders":

Salish Lodge & Spa - Seattle's Luxury Hotel Resort & Spa

This place is not cheap, but it is "romantic", and if you don't stay there, call and make reservations for Sunday Brunch - it's a 7-course meal !

Then, if you'd prefer something really unique - and "romantic" yet, a bit more rustic, consider taking a ferry from Mulkiteo to Whidbey Island and staying at the Captain Whidbey Inn, a wonderful experience as perhaps weekend stay between Seattle and Vancouver.

Whidbey Island Lodging, Captain Whidbey Inn

When I say "rustic", this includes a bathroom in the hall, not in your own room; however, the main cabin is extremely charming, particularly during winter time, and with a view of the Penn Cove (bay). There is a "honeymoon" suite available also, along with outside cabins. The inclusive breakfast is fabulous, and you don't want to go anywhere else for dinner - enjoy the great, local "Penn Cove Mussels"!

In Vancouver, the Marriott Pinnacle, or the Renaissance across the street, are both wonderful and in the heart of the city. While there, make sure you drive to the nearby Stanley Park and eat at the Fish House in the Park and the Cannery Seafood House - the fish house in stanley park - Bing images 

the cannery seafood house vancouver - Bing images

Back to Seattle, and focusing on Marriott properties, the Marriott Waterfront, while more expensive, affords a view of the Puget Sound, and is somewhat closer to downtown attractions.

My favorite restaurants in area are:  Cutters Crabhouse (near Pike Street Market) - Cutters Crabhouse - Market Fresh Seafood in Seattle, WA, and Bin on the Lake (Kirkland): Bin On The Lake - Kirkland, Seattle, WA - Woodmark Hotel

- There's an excellent hotel (Woodmark) adjacent to restaurant. Also, it's well worth a 15 minute drive to Tacoma to dine at Stanley & Seaforths:  Stanley and Seafort's: Steak, Chop, and Fish House

Hope this is helpful!

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...