5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2015 4:58 PM by phctourist RSS

Such a deal. Special Rate for Marriott Rewards Members

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was just looking to book a room in April in Bangkok. I thought I'd consider the Courtyard as this will be a shorter than normal stay, I've never stayed at this one, and it's really close to good shopping.

So I look on line. I see the Deluxe Room (cheapest one they have) for 2,700THB per night. Then I see a tab for "Marriott Rewards Offers". Cool, I get a discount for being an MR member. Rate for exactly the same room? 2,820 THB. 120 baht more per night. What a great deal.

Even better, if I go with the Grand Deluxe Room as an MR member I get it for only 3,120THB per night while the lowly nobody off the street gets it for 2,970THB. 150 THB less.

Am I missing something?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Such a deal. Special Rate for Marriott Rewards Members
    fistuk Platinum

You need to compare the rate's rules and see what the differences are:

Maybe the standard rate is an advanced purchase rate while the MR rate isn't?

There can be lots of different options like the one above, so you really need to compare.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey @john_thai! I'll look into this and see if I can help explain the situation you're describing. I'll follow up once I've learned more.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi @john_thai! lindseyh did some digging and was able to find out that some rates are fixed and some rates vary.  Each day, hour, week, locations, etc., brings opportunites for rate changes.  If you have additional questions about this, feel free to reach out to our Toll Free Reservation team and 1-800-228-9290 (USA) or our International Reservations Team at 1-888-236-2427.  The agents there will be happy to assist. 

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Just because a business offers a "sale" price, doesn't mean that something is a bargain.  I would have hoped that Marriott might be above that, but apparently they are not!

I have rarely found "special rates" to be the best available.  We always need to go through all available rates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...