11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2015 8:59 AM by neils RSS

2nd class?

neils Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

i Am a UK member, being Platinum for the last five years. I feel UK ,members are overlooked by Marriott. Whenever I have an issue and need to call someone, the numbers don't seem to be toll free for me, and  I get sent to a USA call centre who have no idea about the locations or hotels or issues I am calling about, and they don't seem to understand me even though I am an educated professional with a clear English accent. I invariably give up and go elsewhere or contact the hotels direct and pester until someone helps me without sending me back to the call centres and Alison in wonderland rabbit holes.

am I missing anything?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2nd class?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

MArriott has an EU Platline that runs through to Eire. I have no problems at all when I call, usually 3 or 4 times a year to deal with point discrepancies. The number is 0207 012 7312

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks brightlybob!  Great insight. 

neils Platinum

Thank you. I have just used the UK numbers and will now use what you suggest

fistuk Platinum

I'm pretty much using both - according to the time I'm taking care of things (if it's night time here in the UK than I'm using the US number).

However, I never had any issue with the UK service. Customer service offices for the UK & Ireland are located in Cork, Ireland. I find them to be the same as the US one.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

You call a US call center with a "clear English accent" you're going to find a lot of people having a hard time understanding you.

Call centers are notoriously unhelpful. Most are reading from a script and if your concern causes them to have to deviate from that script they get lost quickly.

neils Platinum

I Call a UK call centre and get transferred to a USA centre...

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders, neils!  As you may have already seen, this is a great forum to talk about all things travel.  From recommendations and experiences to program details, we cover it all.  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   Below, I've included the link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, I'd like to share your comments with the appropriate team, as I sure you've had frustrating experiences.  Have you tried calling the number brightlybob has provided?  If so, any luck? 

Again, welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing more from you.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

No wonder you're having trouble ... it's Alice, not Allison!

But of course as others have said, call centers are typically not very good yellow brick roads.  And English is likley to be their 2nd (or later) language.

However, I'll have to say that when I've called the Platinum line in the US, I've always gotten really professional responses.  Have not tried when outside the US.

neils Platinum

Thank you.yes I know it is Alice ;-). Part of my sense of humour the agents have to deal with.

for the hotels I stay in every week contact is easy,I just wish it were easier to talk and book through all UK hotels without getting passed to call centres.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

If you get poor service, I'd suggest that you end the call and try again.  Some agents are very good.  Some are not good at all.  My all time favorite call center story is the time I flew to St. Kitts on Delta from Atlanta, then called Delta Airlines from my hotel in St. Kitts to inquire about a problem checking into my return Delta flight from St. Kitts to Atlanta.  Delta promptly informed me that they couldn't help me because "Delta does not fly to or from St. Kitts."  I asked if maybe Delta flies to St. Christopher's Island (St. Kitts' formal name), and they said no to that as well.    

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

HUCA is a common acronym in the travel world. Hang Up, Call Again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...