1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 9, 2010 9:14 PM by nuhusker RSS

A Welcome in the Spirit of the Highlands

theloanaranger Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

After a 300+ mile drive, arriving at the Dalmahoy Edinburgh on a cold and stormy night totally knackered and bedraggled (16/12/09). Walked through the grand entrance of the Old Baronial House and up to reception to start the usual check-in ritual, to find a welcome in the true Scottish Highland "spirit"! As I started checking in, a voice, over my shoulder said "Welcome to the Dalmahoy, will you have a dram?" The concierge had brought over a silver tray, and on it a "wee dram" of malt whisky, which I gratefully accepted. All thoughts of the strain of the journey vanished and I rapidly started to feel rejuvenated. All in all, this ranked as the best arrival experience and welcome in over a thousand stays - made all the more so, because it anticipated my needs after a long and arduous trek even before I had got around to thinking of them. The spirit? A Glenkinchie 10 year old highland malt - which proved to be as smooth as Loch Sunart on a summer's day! Nice one Dalmahoy and thank you - what a great thought - I'll be back next year!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...