5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2015 10:48 AM by carat RSS

Checking earned bonus points (platinum gift and room cleaning)

hojongsoo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all,

I need some clarification on Marriott points. I have never really looked closely at my points accumulation for each stay, but lately I feel a particular hotel has been failing to post platinum gift points (500 points) and the "no room cleaning service" (500 points for each day) that it just recently offered. When I went to the front desk at this hotel, the person said "He will look into it and send my stays to billing to see if points were no posted correctly". The way he said this did not sit with me well at all, and so here I am about talking about points.

Below is a stay that I believe I was credited to correctly. I am specifically looking at the the 2,000 extra points. This was the first week this particular hotel began offering/marketing 500 additional bonus points for each day if you declined room cleaning, but for ONLY 3 consecutive days. So the maximum you could earn would be 1500 points? After 3 consecutive days it is a mandatory room cleaning.

Though it does not specifically designate what the extra points were for, I believe 500 was for the my platinum elite gift, and 1500 were for 3 days of no room cleaning service. All good here.

marriott full.JPG

However look at my most recent stay below. there is 500 bonus points for my platinum gift, but where are the 1500 points for no room cleaning service? I definitely declined 3 consecutive days for no room cleaning. I mean who wouldn't right? free points!

marriott no room cleaning.JPG

Then look at this stay below...no 500 points for platinum gift? 

marriott no bonus.JPG

Here is my very first stay at this hotel which I believe posted my platinum gift correctly. (extra points for declining room cleaning was not offered at the time).

marriott platinum gift only.JPG

Also, can someone explain to me the base, elite, and extra point designations? Are platinum gift points part of your base points? or the elite? or are they the extra?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dayton, Ohio, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Dayton Marriott
  • Re: Checking earned bonus points (platinum gift and room cleaning)
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello hojongsoo.  I'd like to work with our team to provide clarity around this.  Can you send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the property and dates for the stays mentioned above? Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Checking earned bonus points (platinum gift and room cleaning)
    jt15550 Platinum

Base points are what you earn as a MR member (10 points per dollar at most hotels).  the 20%, 25%, 50% points for status levels are counted as the elite points.  Some bonus points would be above and beyond this, such as a rate that awarded you additional points per stay as part of the room rate when booking.

Most hotels will award the 500 housekeeping points as separate posts several days after your stay, and I've seen the check-in come through as bonus points.  It looks like the 2000 points for the one stay would likely be 500 check-in + 3 x 500 housekeeping points.  If you don't seem them come through after a week, just send a note through the site to CS and they'll get it sorted out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...