8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2015 3:21 AM by john_thai RSS

Left Marriott Visa @ home

apaddler Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I've arrived at the hotel without my Marriot Visa card and had to give them another. They tell me they can't use the my Marriot card because they need to physically have it to swipe the card. I secured my reservation using the marriot visa. This irks me as a wont get the point credit for the $1000 spent. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the transaction moved to the Marriot Visa card?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Left Marriott Visa @ home
    highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

If you are staying multiple nights perhaps  you can have the credit card company send you another card overnight.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

If you have someone at home ask them to overnight it. Or maybe a cc authorization form, but they will need a photo copy of the card

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to the Insiders Community, apaddler!  This is a great place to talk about all things Marriott.  From program questions to travel recommendations and experiences, we cover it all.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we're here to help.   I've also included the link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, jm1991 and highmaintenance13 have provided some great insight.  If you have any additional questions, let us know. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Jsucool76 Gold

Call chase and request they send a card with overnight shipping to your hotel. It is too late to get it sent out for tomorrow right now, but if you call tomorrow they can send you one by saturday (be sure to specifically request saturday delivery). Chase mails their cards out at approximately 7PM EST, so if you call before then you'll be good for saturday delivery at the hotel. Card will be delivered most likely by 10:30AM or noon.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Supposedly if you use the Marriott app on your phone to check in, they won't require a card swipe if the card on your online account is current.  I haven't put this theory to the test, though.

Jsucool76 Gold

I've found this to be true in the US, but when I was in Germany I used mobile check in and had to swipe my card at check in, and they still required I come to the desk to check out/swipe my card (again) . Not sure if mobile check out was available(or would have bypassed the need to swipe again at check out) , but my bill needed adjustments so I had to stop there anyways.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Have someone at home take a photo of it and post the photo here.

Trust me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...