2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2015 8:21 AM by jerryl RSS

Currency exchange - Best rates in Amsterdam?

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all: I am taking the spouse and family for a 5 day trip to Amsterdam in 2 weeks. we have the Marriott there booked (points stay) and the flight (points redemption). Museums, restaurants, ice skating, canal trips all scheduled or calendared, and many of my friends have provided restaurant recommendations.

I was wondering where the best place to exchange US$ to Euro's might be. I know the best way to do this in London (where I travel to frequently) and Frankfurt (second most frequent), but its been about 15 years since my last trip to Amsterdam (and that was before kids, not it that matters). I have some euro's left from  my last trip to Germany, but wanted to tap into the collective wisdom of the Marriott Board family. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Amsterdam, Netherlands Marriott Hotels & Resorts Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Currency exchange - Best rates in Amsterdam?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I find I always get better rates converting currency at my destination. It's usually not difficult to find a decent cash exchange rate, though if withdrawing enough from the local cash machine I can often find fees offset by the spot rate advantage.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...