6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2015 11:10 PM by drchucklesboomboom RSS

Are others unhappy with mattresses at Fairfield properties?

greer2 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Staying 2 nights at Columbia NW/Harbison in SC. Way too soft. Told this is standard mattress. Also that no bed board is available. I have canceled a future booking at this propert. I phoned 1-800 customer service nigh of arrival. Tina was sympathetic. She said message sent to front desk where I could discuss issue in a.m. Went to desk. Clerk unable to respond with obtaining a bed board. Asked re: Manager call. Left message with cell number. If all properties use this bedding I will need to stay in different category. Never had this issue before. Is this the norm? Is this property an outlier? I appreciate consistent experience with Marriott brand. Loyal rewards member seeking information for future stays.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are others unhappy with mattresses at Fairfield properties?
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I haven't really noticed a difference in mattresses at FFI.  I think it just depends on where one is in a mattresses lifecycle.  If you have aback problem ask, in advance, if you can get a room with a new mattress.  I think that most hotels have rooms with mattresses of varying age, at any given time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I've never had a bed be too soft, but I have had lousy mattresses at FFI and a couple RIs in the past. In every case they were thin and not supportive and felt "cheap". Hasn't happened at any JW, FS Marriott, Renaissance, or CY properties that I remember.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Because our travel often revolves around some sort of outdoor rec in the middle of nowhere, I've stayed at a lot of FFIs. We usually take a peek at the mattress and box spring mfr's label to see if it's a Jamison,  maker of the Marriott Bed. (We're Jamison fans and are on out third.) I don't remember a time that it wasn't a Jamison, nor do I remember a time that we didn't sleep well. Of course, that may be because we're burned out from whatever the activity of the day was, in which case a large hook would probably suffice.

Jsucool76 Gold

I haven't noticed any vast difference in mattresses between the hotels I stay in. Some feel a little different, which as previously mentioned, can be attributed to the varying age of the mattresses. I've never stayed in any property within the brand that didn't have a comfortable mattress though. As foxglove said, it is worth considering peeling back the sheets and seeing if it is indeed "The Marriott Bed" if you're still at the hotel.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I've stayed at many FFI's in the past and have had maybe a handful of mattress issues.  These were always in older properties.  Now, the so-called mattresses on the pull-out sofas are a completely different nightmare.  

drchucklesboomboom Platinum 13 Reviews

The mattress in my room at Fairfield Inn Bedford PA last night was horrible. It felt like I was sleeping on a pillow-top brick. Tossed and turned all night because of it (and the refrigerator clicking, and the heating unit going on and off, and the housekeeping banging on doors at 8:15 AM).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...