7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2015 12:18 PM by justincfreem RSS

Marriott Rewards Number

rs25020 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I have a Marriott Rewards Credit Card in which my card has my Marriott Rewards number and her card does not show that number at all. Is that the case for everyone else ?

Also, my wife will need to go to Osaka Japan in the next few days. If i book a hotel room for her through the Marriott Rewards website do I get credit for the stay or do I have to be there physically as well since i am 2 stays away from Platinum ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Number
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

The member who books the room has to be there and check-in in order to receive the credits for the stay. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

ks77

I was instructed by Marriott Reservations that the procedure to use in the situation being described is:

Reserve the room in the member's name then add the person who is actually going to occupy the room as an additional occupant.

This not only allows the "other" person to check in but the member receives full benefit points.

Remember, that procedure was advised to me by Platinum Reservations

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Good to know!

fistuk Platinum

Hi ,

I don't know about the credit card, but I can answer your question regarding your wife's stay:

Marriott's 'dry' rules indicate that you must be staying in order to get the credit.

However it practically depends on the hotel itself - depends on if they require an ID when people check in:

If yes, than maybe your wife won't be able to check in at all and obviously no points credit anyhow (even if she will be allowed to check in instead of you).

BUT if they don't require an ID than it shouldn't be a problem at all and you'll get your credit.

My experience testifies on a lot of cases when an ID isn't required at most of the hotels (required only in some). I have no clue how it is in Japan or any other hotel in the far east of the globe.

The best thing you can do is call the hotel's front desk and ask them.

Platinum 28 Reviews

fistuk

See my response above - there is a way to get around occupying the room and still receiving credit.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great Insider insight, here!  Way to go crew!

Welcome to Insiders, rs25020!  As you can already tell, this is a great place where Rewards members like yourself come to talk about all things travel related.  From recommendations and experiences to getting the most out of the program, like above, we cover it all.  I'm carat and I moderate this forum along with deannad and lindseyh.  Please feel free to reach out to any of us with any questions.    I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you wanted to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

justincfreem Platinum

The other option is to call the hotel and not only add her as an additional occupant so she can check in but to then pay for the stay with your Marriott rewards cc and then you get the points for the stay and the points on your card,  assuming hers still isn't working correctly.    I have done that with stays for family in NYC and Nashville and elsewhere and not had an issue and reaped the full benefits in points.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...